Slow map editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow map editor

I figured out how to use the map editor, but it's really slow! I mean, the graphics are smooth, and the game generally runs fine. I can place units with no problem. But placing any plot takes like 10-30 seconds. The game just sits there...not frozen, just idle. Then, finally, the plot shows up.

Obviously, I'm not going to be able to do much modding. Anyone else have issues like this?

System info: p4-3.2, ddr500-1gb, geforce6800 (plays quake4, doom3 fine in very high quality at high res, breezes through simcity 4, the sims, and other cpu-intensive games)
    Tremble, foolish mortal, for I am the mighty SPEARMAN, and I shall destroy you where you stand!

yep I'm having similar issues as well. The slow editing time in the map editor is a real issue along with some of the bugs in it.

Comment

same here. When I change a tile/plot it takes 2-3 seconds till I see the changing. Additionally you have to be very carefull, otherwise a plot 3 steps away will be changed too.

My system is a 3500+ AMD, 2GB, MSI 7800GT, XP-Prof.
      This should be more than enough. It's at least enough for Battlefield 2

Comment

I want to second matrix's ending comment. Please stop saying that everyone's machine isn't powerful enough. More than a few of us have perfectly adequate machines to run every other current game out there. CivIV itself runs fine too. However, the WorldBuilder terrain editing functions (minus the forest placement functionality) is excessively slow.

The following are where things are slow (at least on my machine):
        1) Switching between grassland, plains, desert, etc
        2) Switching between mountains, hills, etc
        3) River placement

Comment

I imagine itll speed up with future patches, but you can also try using the BMP to WBS converter, its pretty good for creating detailed maps with resources, even cities.
          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
          CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
          One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Yeah, try the BMPConvert utility, you may find it to be a solution to this issue.

Comment

Working...
            X