Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ 1 Mod for Civ4?

Hello Everyone,

I just had an interesting idea. Wouldn't it be fun to play a mod of civ4 that used all or some of the civ1 graphics? Would this be possible, Or do the graphics have to be 3D? If a mod like this were to be created we could even bring back some of the old rules for a good laugh like I recently saw on one of the forums: When you're stack of units is attacked, if you lose the top unit they all die.

Let me know what you think
    Jerh9e1k5

Re: Civ 1 Mod for Civ4?

Originally posted by Jerh9e1k5
    I just had an interesting idea. Wouldn't it be fun to play a mod of civ4 that used all or some of the civ1 graphics? Would this be possible, Or do the graphics have to be 3D?
    I don't think it is a good idea to use Civ1 graphics for Civ4, probably it is possible but it is everything else than eye candy.

Originally posted by Jerh9e1k5
    If a mod like this were to be created we could even bring back some of the old rules for a good laugh like I recently saw on one of the forums: When you're stack of units is attacked, if you lose the top unit they all die.
    Of course this is possible (of course if Civ4 is really such moddable), but with Python it shouldn't be a problem to select the unit that is fighting and if it loses to kill the rest of the stack.

However I don't really want to have this back.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

lol, I do realize that the old civ1 graphics weren't up to par, but it would still be very cool in my opinion.

As you said I wouldn't want the "whole stack dies" rule back either, I was just trying to give an example of an old rule. I can't recall many of the old civ1 rule differences but were there any that anyone would want included?

Comment

At the very least I want the Civ1 world map back.
        I still remember playing the english and going for an all island empire, too scared to go to Europe.

Comment

I remember learning the hard way...to NEVER stack units in Civ1. heheh.

I also remember conquering Russia on the world map with an army of catapults, moving slowly across Eurasia.
          Let Them Eat Cake

Comment

Sn00py said he was going to do this, wasn't he?
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I sure hope so! (Y)

Comment

Sounds should also all be on the PC speaker (esp. the combat victory ones - God how I loved those sounds). Extra points for leaderheads and the old civ-specific music.
                THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Working...
                X