Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Very First Mod

Hello All,

After reading a few posts in the forums and discovering that shields have now been replaced by hammers I have figured out what the very first mod should be! To rename the hammers to shields!

This led me to wonder, if we mod the hammers to be called shields will we still be able to play multiplayer games with people that have un-modded versions? I know that this is a small change but will the computers see that there has been a change between the two versions that want to play together and therefore make them incompatible?

If the question is unclear let me know so that I can try to re-word it

Jerh9e1k5

juST thoGHt i' pOP oUt of my cAGE tO saY THAt i tHInK yoUr bElIEfs sUM up juST about eVErYtHIng thAt is wRoNG wiTH wEStERn ciVIliZAtIon!!!

i mEAN... fAIR enOUgH, YoU tAKe yOURsELF sO sERIEousLY tHAt yOu haVe TO cHAnGe some text IN A GAME for other text. bUT Why tELL uS?

(tHE mALLeTIsTs On 'pOlY aND OTHer bOARds sAYiNG tHEY'll mOd OUT eSCuTCHeoNs are jSUt As Bad)

sO iNSTEad You cLUTTer tHIS foRUM wIth A tRIVial Mod wHERE You cHANGe an inCREDIbly INSIGNificant pORtiON OF tHE gAMe TO fIT in wITh yOUR nARROW wORldviEW?

fOR thor's sAKE, iTs jSUt a gAME, aNd i fIND iT aMAzINg jSUt hOw inToLeRaNt yOu aRe To bE upSEt wItH tHE fACt tHaT cErtAIn halmuths wEre INcLUDED in A pIEce oF soFTwaRe. WhAt aRE You lIkE wItH PEopeL Of ThEsE smithies You dn'T lIKe?

die aegist die !!!
    I don't know what I am - Pekka

Comment

Very grown up behavior lebensraum, very grown up.

I understand your question Jerh, but honestly I don't know. You probably need one of the betas to answer that.
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Re: The Very First Mod

Originally posted by Jerh9e1k5
        After reading a few posts in the forums and discovering that shields have now been replaced by hammers I have figured out what the very first mod should be! To rename the hammers to shields!
        Don't you have better things to do? In fact in CTP1 and CTP2 production is represented by cogwheels and called - production. In fact I associate production that is needed to build something. Cogwheels are better to represent this. And hammers are even better to represent the build process of something.

This led me to wonder, if we mod the hammers to be called shields will we still be able to play multiplayer games with people that have un-modded versions? I know that this is a small change but will the computers see that there has been a change between the two versions that want to play together and therefore make them incompatible?
        If the programmers of Friaxis did their job well, then such a change of the string database shouldn't prevent people of joining an MP game with different string databases. For instance they must guarantee that people with versions of Civ4 in different language can join the same MP game, otherwise their design is bad. And in fact this is possible take a look on CTP2 for instance.

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

wow, there are some angry people on these boards

I can assure you that I'm no "ageist" and welcome change warmly. Next time you make an attempt at humour let me know so that I can come yell at you

Thank you very much for the reply Nikolai and atleast part of your reply was helpful Martin...

My favourite part of the western world is our freedom of speech, and I can assure you that as long as I have something that I feel like sharing with the community I will do so full-heartedly, right in the face of flamers like you

Since I cherish freedom of speech I welcome you to keep flaming the boards all you like. I would like to point out that however useless you may find my post your replies were equally useless.

Have a nice day
          Jerh9e1k5

Comment

My favourite part of the western world is our freedom of speech, and I can assure you that as long as I have something that I feel like sharing with the community I will do so full-heartedly, right in the face of flamers like you
            Freedom of speech? On the internet? What have you been drinking?

He who knows others is wise.
            He who knows himself is enlightened.
            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

wow, there are some angry people on these boards

Release fever is reaching critical point, don't worry soon they will all cool down.
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

lol, yes that's true
                I have to admit I'm feeling the effects myself!
                Getting all of my school work for the next month out of the way now before it comes out

Comment

and i do mean aegist

good to see you again jer! best of luck in surviving tuh re-e-elease.

(in case you didn't know, the rest of it was direct paraphrase from nbarclay's thread) replacing religions

Next time you make an attempt at humour let me know
                  i think that's something we'd all prefer to avoid

your replies were ... useless.
                  we aim to please

Have a nice day
                  Attached Files

Comment

Yes, thank you for paraphrasing me Lebansraum

I think you said all that need be said about this issue first time.

(I smiled at aegist.)

Comment

Comment

Colonization used Hammers instead of shields, and there are murmurings of Colonization 2 coming out AND Apolyton just started supporting Colonization... EXPANSION PACK MAYBE?
                        First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
                        Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

Originally posted by Senethro
                          ... Lebansraum ...
                          hmmm,.. the banning room

that could become an institution

(I smiled at aegist.)
                          it was just too good to resist
                          Last edited by Terra Nullius; October 25, 2005, 06:27.

Comment

Working...
                          X