Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this possible, an extension of epic games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this possible, an extension of epic games?

Could we tack this on to an epic game?

something like

Launch spaceship ---> gives tech------>

that converts you to a one city civ on another planet?

Is that possible?

I had heard years ago that part of the plan for smac and CIV II was to make smac "continue on" from CIV II but it obviously never happened and I think it would be pretty cool oif we could do something like that.
    *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Yeah I atually thought too why Apollo project in C3 does not lead to SMAC..
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

You know I bet it would be possible. It would basically involve loading a mod and starting a new game, but there's no reason why that wouldn't be doable if Civ4 really is as moddable as Firaxis claims.

Comment

Why couldn't the mod be on top of the epic game?

space race --->new tech----> plants you on a new planet and opens a new tech tree?
        *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Why not just start a new game of SMAC regardless?

Comment

The "story" pun could be that according to your winning civilization, the captain of the Alpha Centauri ship has an other name...
            He who knows others is wise.
            He who knows himself is enlightened.
            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

I guess it'd not only have another name, but the factions would be different, or even there would be no mutiny.

Also sending the ship in different year, say a century earlier would likely result Progenitors not fighting in orbit seeing how the entire Chiron is habitated by unknown race and how between their ships all kinds of inferior spacecraft is trying to shoot em down (think ODPs).
              Thus would in turn result in Progenitors making a 'normal' landing and quickly setting up the needed infrastructure for a 'subspace call'. It'd take probably a couple of years to set things up for them, not as it now does ingame and during these years humans then would need to do all their best to prevent it.
              -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
              -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

You could start a new game certainly but wouldn't it be cool to extend your current epic game and take some of the attributes, skills and knowledge you have developed with you?

Im not saying this should be the main SMAC II approach, but after we have SMAC II up and running something like this maybe interesting to pursue if its possible.

Comment

Actually something like that should be possible with VERY HUGE maps. We could have another terrain type, say "Cosmic Space", and some spaceship unit (mov 1, loads 1) to travel it. Worlds and asteroids can be Mercator "islands" in that "sea of Space". It would be quite OK with Solar system, but somewhat crazy with deep space.

Comment

Great now we are thinking about how to do it. I like

Comment

Originally posted by binTravkin
                      Also sending the ship in different year, say a century earlier would likely result Progenitors not fighting in orbit seeing how the entire Chiron is habitated by unknown race and how between their ships all kinds of inferior spacecraft is trying to shoot em down (think ODPs).
                      Thus would in turn result in Progenitors making a 'normal' landing and quickly setting up the needed infrastructure for a 'subspace call'. It'd take probably a couple of years to set things up for them, not as it now does ingame and during these years humans then would need to do all their best to prevent it.
                      Thought that the Progenitors were "called" so to speak when the humans discovered the Manifold Nexus. At least some of the stories written hint that way. The Nexus emaninating a sort of signal that the Proggie's can detect somehow.
                      If that is the case, they would always come to Chiron when humanit is still very weak.
                      He who knows others is wise.
                      He who knows himself is enlightened.
                      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Didn't CivII:ToT do this?
                        #play s.-cd#g+c-ga#+dgfg#+cf----q.c
                        #endgame

Quantum P. is a champion: http://geocities.com/zztexpert/docs/upoprgv4.html

Comment

actually this gives me an idea for the CIV IV Stories forum...kinda like planet of the apes..you take off in a pod and land who-knows-where?

then start from there

Maybe this could be modded?

GT
                          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by #endgame
                            Didn't CivII:ToT do this?
                            While I've never played ToT, I think it had multiple maps that you played at the same time. Am I right?
                            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

orbital cities

good memories

I practiced a space mod in C2, it took quite a while to change all the terrain and overlays to a space theme

never go to the point of changing units,improvements,etc
                              I will see what little talents I have have, and play with this Idea

nothing like trying to bridge two great games...
                              anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Working...
                              X