[C4:MoM] Master of Magic Mod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [C4:MoM] Master of Magic Mod?

I am hearing a lot of praise for Civ IV's Mod ability. Even before the game is out. And some serious Mod projects such as [C4:AC] have already been brought forward.

What about a Master of Magic mod? That game was all about wizards and magic but also a clone of Civilization(Classic) and I'd like to see a serious Mod project started. Where do we begin? We need Programers, Testers, Graphics people, even investigators of the original program. And of course organizers. Oh how do you start these things up? Illuminus, Mark? You were a big help in the founding of the C4:AC Mod, We need you!

But first, who is interested in having this mod developed, or even helping with it? We can't have a project without support, I know I could never do this myself.
    Don't rule me out when I'm losing. Save your celebration until after I'm gone.

If this was done correctly, That would ROCK! I have no applicable talents really to contribute (Unless you need an Actor I'm not much use for anything) but I love the idea, It might be tricky to accually get it right because of the whole spells/spellbook/Nodes thing

Comment

MoM would rock on toast. If you get a serious effort underway, I might interested in helping out with scripting.

A side note, I wonder just how moddable the Civ4 engine really is. Moddable enough to remake MoO2?

Comment

It would be sweet to see a MoM Mod for CIV.

Hell, I still play MoM some times (as well as SMAC)

T

Comment

MOM - Yay

I still play MOM once in a while too. Like Colonization - it has a certain charm to it.

There is a sort of MOM Civ2 mod I got from CivFanatics, but then Civ3 came along and I didn't really use it much. And it just as good as MOM

Unfortunately, I know beans about modding.
          Many are cold, but few are frozen.No more durrian, please. On On!

Comment

No takers yet. It looks like it will be a while before any work gets done on this. At least until the Mod community shapes up and/or the Software Development Kit is released.

Comment

I think it's cool to have wizard and magic in it but how you fix magic in game? Like fireball out of wizard's hand or lighting, ice in 3-D world? It's would be sweet but it's kind of hard to make candy-eye magic or even so how about wizard town or tower?

Comment

I would be interested in doing some leader character work, and dialogue, if there is an interest in my help with this. Of course, I need to know some more about how it would be set up before I start.

Comment

Placing magic into the game all depends on how modable the game engine is. I am hoping it is very flexable but I don't know at this point.

Comment

Having looked at some of the NIF (and KF/KFM - where you get one you seem to get the other) files... the units and all their animations seem to be in the same files... or rather one file for the skinned model, one for the unskinned model (I think), one for the skin (maybe 2 or 3), one for the skinned model with all the appropriate animations (including damage masks), and maybe one to code the animations before they're applied.

A lot of this is guess work until the SDK comes out, but I can say with a reasonable amount of certainty that since the NIF files are basic Gamebryo files, there should be at least a partial set of Gamebryo tools in the SDK. Magic effects, including damage, would be made into a set of NIF files. Therefore the whole mod should be possible.
                    Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
                    "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

I never played Master of Magic, but have you guys tried the existing Fall from Heaven Mod? It's got wizards and conjurers and druids and elves and dwarves etc.

Comment

Originally posted by drsparnum
                        I never played Master of Magic, but have you guys tried the existing Fall from Heaven Mod? It's got wizards and conjurers and druids and elves and dwarves etc.
                        Where do you get this mod? I didn't see it in the forums.

Comment

Seeing MOM with the civ engine would be sweet indeed. With the tactical combat, I assume (though deciding what to do about heroes and stacks would have to come before any actual modding). Perhaps a modder could incorporate some of the inovations that civ has come up with since then (more diplomacy options, resources). Also, MOM never really had a tech tree per se, but simply involved researching spells. Perhaps a more encompassing tech tree would be more appropriate, leading to ever more advanced improvements, units, spells, etc.

Comment

Kael's "Fall From Heaven" comes highly recommended. Mod can be found here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=148075[/URL]

Cheers,
                            Elustrian

Comment

Originally posted by Elustrian
                              Kael's "Fall From Heaven" comes highly recommended. Mod can be found here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=148075[/URL]

Cheers,
                              Elustrian
                              THanks muchly!

Comment

Working...
                              X