Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What, they can't be pissed off too?

Comment

Also, if you clear their specialty they drop to 0%.
      Coling since 1994... :)

Comment

Goods have also a RS.

Every time you load goods on ships or wagons extra units are created, which act as tories bringing down RS. That's why my RS cannnot go up.

Also it is not very clear to me how the RS of my ships\wagons is increasing. As it is I have to have them tied to a port to rise their RS, but this process is very slow.

So, please try to fix ship RS. They should gain RS in the sea as well.

The same should apply for pioneers, scouts and soliders, who may spend their life out of a colony.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by PrinceMyshkin; March 18, 2009, 20:25.

Comment

Prince:

Units in the colony plot do gain RS, just slower. My reasonning is that these units would be performing patrols, not regularly going to town meetings, not involved in town politics, etc. Thus their RS would rise, but a lot slower than normal.

I take the point of goods though and that will change.

Comment

Also, looking at your screenshot over 2/3's of your units are under 50% RS. Of course your GRS is going to be less than 50% in that case.

Comment

Dale, many of my units are at 100%, so you cannot see them. In principle yes, you are right. The total RS is the average RS of all units.

On the other side, the year is 1596, I have every single FF, and put an extreme bell production there. I've even built universities to get every single bell bonus available. My RS though, is rising alarming slowly.

1. Do you think under different conditions, with less bonuses and FFs, it would be eventually possible to lift RS at 100% in 1700s?

2. If I stop the bell production in a city, will the RS drop?

My feeling is no, as RS works now in a different, and far more realistic way. Hence, I may eventually hit high RS at 1700s; but am I right here?

3. Are the actions of "kissing a pinky" and "accepting a tax" the only factors which lower RS -other than buggy edu. and clearing colonist specialty?

4. My last question, does the bell production of a city affect the population of another city?

Another crucial point regarding ships and wagons is to let them get the RS of the city which built them. So people who produce SoLs and WTs en masse, wouldn't have to let them inside a port for another 30 turns to yield 100% RS.

The current system seems far more strategic exposing another difference between Europe and the New World. Units bought in Europe are tories, units produced in the new world not necessarily...
              Last edited by PrinceMyshkin; March 19, 2009, 06:29.

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceMyshkin View Post
                1. Do you think under different conditions, with less bonuses and FFs, it would be eventually possible to lift RS at 100% in 1700s?

2. If I stop the bell production in a city, will the RS drop?
                A couple of thoughts:

1. No revolution has ever occurred where 100% of the relevant population has supported The Cause. Of course the game is only distantly related to reality, but at minimum it should be Very Hard to reach 100%. [Granted that what you're doing is Trying Very Hard.]

2. I would think that RS should drop, not precipitously but trending downward. This reflects the need for sustained propaganda (and intimidation) to sustain rebel feeling against the Natural Order of Things, meaning the divine right of Kings, etc.
                "...your Caravel has killed a Spanish Man-o-War."

Comment

You are right man.

Comment

Dale, there is something that always irritates me and makes it tedious to deal with stacks of units. When I scroll down to (say) the fifth wagon in a town, or across to the twelfth unit/good in a town, then make a change (dragging one cargo, for example), the position in the stack/queue snaps back to the top, forcing tedious clicking or dragging to get back to that spot. Might there be a way to store an offset into the stack so that you don't "lose your place"?
                    "...your Caravel has killed a Spanish Man-o-War."

Comment

Hi guys,

I suspect there is something wrong with RS calculations and how colonists show up.

I really don't understand what forces my RS to be so low, while most of my colonists have 100% RS.

The majority of my big cities is close to 100%. My total RS does not exceed 50% though, and appears to be very unstable.

Let's see how it will carry on...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hmmm... I start to understand. There is an issue as bells seem to affect RS only localy.

Hence, if you produce one zillion bells in city X, city Y will not be affected by it.

So you could have higher RS with much less bell production providing you have a more evenly distributed bell production...

Units out of the colonies seem to not gain any RS at all.

Perhaps cities should contribute to overall RS than local RS.
                        Last edited by PrinceMyshkin; March 19, 2009, 19:29.

Comment

Actually the Real problem isnt really the RS System or the generation of bells..
                          The Real Problem lies within the Bug for newly born/created/built Units to drop to 0% RS instead of having the RS of the City where they come from.
                          If all the Units or the Trade Goods or whatsoever start with the % of RS in the Town where they come from you wouldnt be forced to generate zillions of bells in every Town just to have the RS for these new stuff going up.
                          you posted a Screenshot of your game.
                          I will post another one where i am calling DoI or better said Try to catch up with the REF to be able to call for DoI.
                          the point here right now i am not able to catch up with the REF. When i start to massively build Cannons i will drop my GRS below 50% same goes for Dragoons and stuff. while i have to keep the massive Bell Production online to catch the GRS drop for every Units newly made the Kind is adding waves of new Troops. Last troop increase where 82 Units!!!!
                          Another Point is i often have so called "Food Towns" where i only produce massive ammount of Food to get FC and have 3 ES in em. Now 1 FC is born i make him a Dragoon and tell to sleep on Town Court. Next FC is born same thing but wait. the Dragoon from first time didnt even gain 50% RS till the second is joining. This goes on and on and therefore once you start matching the REF your GRS is dropping BADLY so you need to keep producing Bells like crazy which ends in even more REF.. Never Ending Story.

Now if the Stuff gets RS % from Town where its coming from this problem is solved basically

Btw i really dont see it how the stupid Revolution Screen with every single damned Unit in it is gonne help me with my large Empires.... All it does is taking ages to load up when i press F3 but information is not gained through this System imo

regards

p.s.: Currently all FF taken and stored 4,5 millions PP and growing like crazy every turn. I idled some of my Towns with PP Production before i took the last FF but its annoying as hell Once the Towns produced all what possibly Helps them (even a stupid University or Arsenal) there is nothing else to Produce than WT or Cannons. If you do so you either have to Manually destroy the stuff right away or enjoy a massive GRS Drop. a Fully built out Town Produces a Cannon every 8 Turns. now However that same Cannon needs arround 35 Turns to gain 100% RS i guess everyone can do the Math and see the GRS dropping result. Really need something to idle a Town production
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by immanuel_b; March 23, 2009, 04:49.

Comment

Im check my other post, if you like. Basically I say similar things.

Another major bug, is the REF size increase cap doesn't work any more.

If cap gets fixed, and Dale implemets "custom house"-like buildings things will become easier for large empires.

Also I personally find not a good idea having one zillions PPs and an RS around 60-70%.

PS Some tips for you.

Tip #1 You need more navy to beat this force IMO.
                            Tip #2 Take off all your Elder statesmen and leave one town with 3. Bring all units there and turn them to rebels. Then distribute them.

HTH!

Comment

mhm hardly ever had a big navy before.. every Coast Town 2-3 SoL and instead built ALOT of cannons.. However this strategy aint working for the Moment. What i could do is DoI and build the cannons afterwards however i never declared DoI so far with the new System just tested some stuff first.

btw Chinese + Endtree FF doesnt stack... which is kinda annoying tho i would see it as powerfull maybe even a tad too powerfull but this way there is an endtree FF which is barely an use for a nation. Usually if you get to the endtree FF you dont need the extra tobacco or sugar or cotton you need the extra food but this is incompatible...

maybe its just me but since 1.08 the AI seems too me much weaker than before... especially with the new RS and the stupid movement of AI they never declared DoI even in the tryout games where the game ran for 300 turns (normal) and i never attacked them there was no DoI of any side... As well as the build Queue seems to be messed up.. in my current game i got alot of "enemy" towns which had fortified with a fortress but didnt even build a dock in a coastal town where 2 Land Tiles and 7 Sea Tiles where present... oO

Distribution would possibly work but than again its annoying to micro manage ALL the towns and ALL the RS... in the Game from the Screen i currently have arround 40 Towns... impossible or hard enough to manage all the TradeRoutes and such...

My RS is only at 60+% because i avoided to build WT or any "outside" units such as soldiers ships or whatsoever.. i tested it once and made 1 WT in EVERY town of me and my GRS dropped by 10% the next few turns where they came out...

regards

p.s. what happens btw if my GRS drops below 50 or even 25% AFTER i DoI? anything at all? do the new units fight for the King now? oO
                              Last edited by immanuel_b; March 23, 2009, 05:27.

Comment

With so low RS and such a huge force to oppose you lose man.

You got to work with only 3 ESs no matter how many cities you have. If you want political points build them from a lumber mill.

But overall when everything gets fixed it will be better. We are the guinney pigs now. Don't worry about it. Good job there! Dale needs our views.
                                Last edited by PrinceMyshkin; March 23, 2009, 05:29.

Comment

Working...
                                X