Colony Defense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colony Defense

When military units (soldiers, dragoons or cannons) are inside a settlement and their strength is lower than free colonists (assuming they are injured or damaged), the game tends to let military units to defend the settlement.

This is wrong and is equal to suicide. If other colonists exist, the unit with the highest cummulative strength should defend first.
    Last edited by PrinceMyshkin; January 16, 2009, 04:51.
    Coling since 1994... :)

What? You think the hale and hearty citizens of the town wouldn't hide in their cellars and leave the ragged militia to defend them? Happened all the time in the WoI.

(For gaming purposes I agree with you.)
    "...your Caravel has killed a Spanish Man-o-War."

Comment

As it is, if you only have 50 muskets, or a single cannon in a colony, and the colony is surrounded by indians, you'd better move them out of the colony, and let 5-10 free colonists defend it. You won't have any casualties...

If you leave the defense for the guy with the muskets, or the cannon, they will try to defend to death... despite the 5-10 free colonists who could handle some waves each with ease.

Comment

Hermann, he's got a game balance issue / question. Completely different arena of discussion than storyline.

As you demonstrate, pretty much any gameplay can be justified one way or the other. That doesn't resolve the underlying game balance issue in any way, however. Bottom line the game has to be enjoyable and fun to play. If it isn't then the story doesn't matter hoot.

Comment

wodan, don't worry, I was mostly kidding. This is not a game where the word "realism" comes to mind!
          "...your Caravel has killed a Spanish Man-o-War."

Comment

Hey wodan,

Thanks for your comments. Hermann is a mate, so no probs.

Comment

Ok no worries. I wasn't getting on anybody so apologies if it came off that way! It's just that people do that all the time... get crossed between "gameplay" and "storyline".

Comment

No prob. wondan, no need for apologies. You didn't do anything wrong.

I like it, people in this forum are friendly and nice!

Comment

Working...
                X