Hills, hills, damn hills!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hills, hills, damn hills!

Anyone else who is annoyed by the mass of hills in FairWeather?

A pic is attached, which -at least for me- is not just a coincidence, but what happens almost all the time.

Coling since 1994... :)

One more! (^^,)

Comment

that's nothing, you should see some of the gigantic mountain ranges i've seen generated. (no screenies available unfortunately)
      Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
      -Henrik Tikkanen

Comment

As you can see in these screenshots my attempt to mine the klondike did not go as planned. This was on a randomly generated new world map playing vanilla 1.0

The first two turns my colonist mined silver and then i guess died of starvation. I later declared war on the neaby indians and they went and razed his cabin.

I just had to make a city there to see what would happen. 9 tundra hills, no food for miles around... what would happen to my city when my one colonist tried to leave the city in search of food?

Well here is the answer, he never leaves looking for food he just freezes solid in the ice and snow. I suppose if i sent another unit with a wagon train of food i could thaw him out and take him on some other adventure but it seems like alot of work to save one life.

Reminds me of that episode of south park when cartman ends up in the future while trying to play the wii without waiting for it to hit the stores.
        Attached Files

Comment

Smak, did you ever see Charlie Chaplin in THE GOLD RUSH? Kinda similar.
          "...your Caravel has killed a Spanish Man-o-War."

Comment

Smak and Hermann LoL & LoL^2! (^^,)

BTW I hate you the fact you cannot abandon a colony.

Comment

Talking about silver rush...

Has anyone noticed a converted native = silver miner, unless the tile has silver?

Comment

...meaning that both a native and a silver miner harvest 2 silver? That does seem to be the case from vanilla on.

Comment

Aye,

Silver miner needs a boost, or converts needs nerfing at silver mining.

Comment

I think natives should get their usual +1 as they do at other resource gathering. Mind you, I don't think of North American natives as skilled at mining. The Inca might be.

Silver miners should get +2, I think.

Comment

Agreed

Comment

Working...
                      X