Idea about graduation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PrinceMyshkin
    But are we sure, its the "RevolutionEuropeUnitThreshold" which determines the REF size increase, and not the "RevolutionEuropeUnitThresholdIncrease"?
    The CFC thread is right. The code itself uses RevolutionEuropeUnitThreshold to decide when to increase the REF and RevolutionEuropeUnitThresholdIncrease to decide how much to increase it by. However, RevolutionEuropeUnitThreshold is a percentage of RevolutionEuropeUnitThresholdIncrease (a basic 75% further modified by things like game speed and difficulty), so they might as well be lumped together as the same concept to keep things simpler!

Perhaps we should start a new thread on this?!

Comment

I can't tell you how wrong that last statement is.

- The REF threshold is triggered purely how many bells you generate.
      - The REF unit class choice is based purely on randomness.
      - The REF unit increase size is based purely on the UnitMultiplier amount.

REF number of units added is NOT ThresholdIncrease but UnitMultiplier.

Comment

I think we're talking along the same lines, Dale; I suspect my incomplete and bad explanation is confusing things (and myself). Sorry

Originally posted by Dale
        REF number of units added is NOT ThresholdIncrease but UnitMultiplier.
        I'm still a little unclear between the two (and the many other variables that have similar names), but I'll go back to the code and play around a bit so it makes a bit more sense.

Comment

Yes, unraveling the whole mess is a nightmare, and took me ages to work out.

But when it's talking about RevolutionEuropeThreshold......... then it is talking about the trigger level for a REF increase (so when the King adds to the REF).

When it's talking about RevolutionEuropeUnit......... it's talking about the actual units added by the King.

Comment

Thanks for the summary.

I guess it also doesn't help that I said ...ThresholdIncrease when I meant ...ThresholdMultiplier above in post #16. D'oh Time to sleep methinks.

Comment

Ah... now I got it.

This post has a mistake then... This is why my conversation with Dale didn't always make sense on this issue...

Dale was claiming to cause decrease by increasing something, which according to this thread would cause an increase on REF.... which I never really got, and kept questioning Dale a couple of times.

I can see now.
              Last edited by PrinceMyshkin; December 17, 2008, 19:22.
              Coling since 1994... :)

Comment

As clear as mud.

Comment

Coling since 1994... :)

Comment

Working...
                  X