Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there ever going to be an official patch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there ever going to be an official patch?

I ask this not to criticize the fantastic job that Snoopy and Dale have done with their patch mod, but only to remind Firaxis that they have a responsibility to issue an official patch that can be incorporated into the game engine without having to load a mod to play a decent game of Colonization.
    So what's the story?

It also helps to solidify MP standards too.

Comment

I come here now about once a week, just checking if there is any news from Firaxis about an official patch - one that would properly balance the game and provide a better gameplay than simply buy guns/horses-get statesmen-crank LB-abandon city-win game.

Comment

I must say it is pretty outrageous that there hasn't been a whisper from Firaxis that they're even aware that the game they released was absurdly unbalanced. I don't mind that games aren't perfect on release, but not to follow up is intolerable. The game has been out for -- what? Two months now? Are they just assuming that because a couple of mods devoted a ton of time to making it playable that they're off the hook?
        This, combined with the ridiculous Railroads game they put out before this one has got me thinking that they've pretty much become the equivalent of EA.

Comment

Working...
        X