Tax Increase Frequency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tax Increase Frequency

I'm playing the Spanish (not sure it matters) and I got "offered" a 4 percent tax increase. Well, I turned it down because at that point I didn't need tools from Europe anymore. On the very next turn, I get "offered" another 4 percent tax increase. I really think there should be a certain number of turns that has to pass before they hit you again. Especially when you pay the penalty of refusing... Is this something I can adjust in the XML files?

Yeah, I hate it when that happens. I also hate it how the king always demands 90% of my money.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Try the dale/snoopy patchmod v. 1.06. It changes the dynamic of the tax rate increase.

Also, from what I've heard, if you're playing vanilla nothing happens to you if you refuse the king's demands for gold.

edit: it's now v. 1.07. My bad. You can find it at the top of the forum.
      Last edited by armyjournalist; October 31, 2008, 00:14.

Comment

Please tell us, where is the frequency and amount of tax rate increase controlled? Is there flags in the XML we can change? I'm more of an empire builder type player and I'd love to slow down or even cap the tax increases.

Comment

Since no one answered this question here, I went looking on the Civ Fanatics site and found the answer there. If anyone else wants to know, look there.

Comment

Working...
          X