Quick noob question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick noob question...

If you take a veteran soldier with some promotions, and then put him to work in a city, and then re-arm him...

...does he keep his promotions?

Ditto a Scout being converted to a Dragoon...

Colonists keep their promotions, regardless of their profession, yes.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

A few more questions...

How do you get native converts to fight? The fact that certain founding fathers give them +50% strength and +1 movement suggests they can... or does it?

Is the nation attribute that means soldiers only cost 25 muskets a bit unbalanced? It means that (e.g.) a city with 200 muskets stockpiled can yield 8 soldiers, rather than 4 (obviously, with the right Fathers they will come with 4 free promotions as well)...

Comment

They don't actually own guns. They do, however, fight as individuals (as colonists) better than colonists.

You still have to have the population to act as soldiers. Often that is more limiting than guns. It takes 200 food to make a soldier, but only 50 guns, and you don't make food at a 4:1 clip compared to guns ...

Comment

Yes, this is true. However, any city has population, and there is not much cost to switching people from civilian production to warfare.

This is particularly true after the War of Independence, when half of the things you normally with civilians are forbidden to you, and the other half have very little value because of the minimal time horizons...

Comment

Yes, but what is the other option on that nation attribute?

Comment

+25% Liberty Bells - maybe one or two turns fewer between starting to produce Liberty Bells, and revolution.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                They don't actually own guns. They do, however, fight as individuals (as colonists) better than colonists.
                Originally posted by snoopy369 Converted natives cannot take up arms (unless they're first trained into a normal colonist).
                I presume that if you train them into normal colonists they lose those FF bonuses.
                "...your Caravel has killed a Spanish Man-o-War."

Comment

Yep.

Comment

Working...
                  X