Giving Settlements to Natives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giving Settlements to Natives?

Is there any way to give a settlement to a Native?

Normally in the Diplomacy screen with the leader, you could do that.

I don't want these settlements far from my home that I assisted the Natives in getting from the Spanish. Now they hate me for stealing their land even though we were Allies in two wars. I was only even in the second war to get their land back to them.

No. Whenever a native takes control or a settlement, it's razed. What I'm missing is a feature to abandon colony completely and just take the colonists with you.

When I want to get rid of cities I just declare war on the local native tribe and they do the razing for me. Either that or give them to a crippled AI.
    "The state is nothing but an instrument of oppression of one class by another--no less so in a democratic republic than in a monarchy."

Comment

Originally posted by Fleme
      What I'm missing is a feature to abandon colony completely and just take the colonists with you.
      I couldn't agree more. That would definitely solve the "You stole my land" issue.

When I want to get rid of cities I just declare war on the local native tribe and they do the razing for me. Either that or give them to a crippled AI.
      That still seems to take away from whatever story one might have in their mind while playing, while being completely necessary to solve the problem.

Comment

Working...
      X