AI issue with Pioneers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI issue with Pioneers

I have noticed that when you capture an AI settlement, and there is a Pioneer working in the surrounding area, the pioneer doesn't bother stopping the work.

You cap the settlement. A turn or sometimes 2 turns later, the pioneer is still just plugging away at his task. Oblivious to the inevitable surrender he faces.

Can this be adjusted so that he runs away?

Perhaps have them go and found a settlement at least 10 tiles away or something? Or maybe get on the nearby boat and sail around for a new settlement.

It is just too easy to cap the AI pioneers right now.

Or just have the AI found settlements with the pioneer at first instead of the soldier every time. Maybe 50/50? or random

Sounds like Pioneers need to be given the Civ4 worker AI code... Dale would be the better person to answer this though, as he knows the AI much better than I ...
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Need to address something else with pioneers, so will add this to the list.

Comment

Here's a question. Does the AI for pioneers working on the closest settlement, prioritise based on what the colony governor is set to?
        Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
        Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

Working...
        X