New unit idea: Bandit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New unit idea: Bandit

The idea of having a bandit is that he would work similar to a privateer in that he would be from an "anonymous" country, however he would rove the lands, not the sea. This would be useful, for instance, in gaining European treasure (that is still on its way to a city) instead of declaring war. Or making raids on European and Indian colonies and making trouble in general.

My suggestion to make a bandit (either at the European docks or in a colony) is that he must be equipped with horses and guns (like a dragoon) but also cloth (face mask), and most importantly of all, A BANDIT CAN ONLY BE CREATED FROM A PETTY CRIMINAL.

Possible in a mod? Comments?
    Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
    Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

you mean a pirate?
    "What a Stupid Concept"

Comment

He means a land version of privateer.
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Ah, a lovable rogue.
        He who knows others is wise.
        He who knows himself is enlightened.
        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Yar! A landlubber.
          And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

This is how I see a bandit could be created.

Petty Criminal + 50 horses + 25 rifles + 25 tools

However, if the bandit comes across an expert scout from another nation, the bandit is exposed and it will cause a diplomatic incident. This causes the bandit to turn into a dragoon (the 25 tools become 25 rifles) and changes into his nation's true colors.

It is possible, if the dragoon/bandit makes it back to one of his colonies, that he can be rearmed as a bandit if the tools are available. However, if this is unfair for game balance purposes, it's possible that the bandit, having been exposed, feels remorse and is promoted to an indentured servant, thereby stopping this cycle.
            Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.

Comment

Someone pointed out elsewhere that it is an easy way to get armory, to deliberately expose a bandit to an expert scout (ignoring the diplomattic implications of course). So perhaps when a bandit is exposed, he is stripped of his armory altogether, becoming a petty criminal again, or even killed. Maybe a certain amount of randomness as to the outcome.

Perhaps a new founding father that gives bandits a better chance of surviving if they are exposed.

Comment

Working...
              X