Disband settlement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disband settlement?

In colonization I it was possible when exploring with a scout, to have it found a town, move a treasure unit into it, ship it to europe, and then simply disband the town by making the colonist a scout again.

I tried to do this in Colonization II (I refuse to use the overly long marketing name) the other day, but I couldnt disband the town by making him a scout

Is it possible at all to disband a settlement, short of starving it to death?
    Last edited by Mark123jansen; October 7, 2008, 05:45.
    Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
    -Henrik Tikkanen

seems not possible, as same as in CIV 4

Comment

Indeed, as far as I know this is impossible. What you list above is generally considered an exploit, anyway (not an intended game mechanic) and probably better off gone.
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

oh well, at least we dont have silver veins that run out anymore (afaik), Those were definitely a legitimate reason to disband a town :P
        Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
        -Henrik Tikkanen

Comment

Re: Disband settlement?

Originally posted by Mark123jansen
          I tried to do this in Colonization II (I refuse to use the overly long marketing name) ...
          Just make it C4C

On Topic: Disbanding a settlement would also be nice if its getting surrounded by other europeans cultural influence (happens pretty often to me as I mostly play the peacenik style and, producing very little if any bells at all, have no way to keep my cultural borders intact).
          I know I could either gift it to them or, considering the AIs "battle behavior", just eliminate the settlement causing my borders to collapse but thats not the way I like it

Comment

Working...
          X