F1 screen bug plus a few suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 screen bug plus a few suggestions

I tried to build an empire as big as possible in my last games. Extra cities don't help much winning the WoI but City building itself is quite fun and it helps to get founding fathers really fast.

But in midgame I noticed bringing F1 screen become slowed down a lot. First it was a few second, then quite a few minutes to just pull out those city table. (with 12+ cities)

I think the problem is to generate trade route screen and massive automated.

I automate most of wagon trains and set cities import/export like this:

Import : Food, Lumber, Tools, Guns, Horses, and any raw material its industry needs
    Export : Food(100), Lumber(300), Tools(300), Guns(300~600), Horses(300~600), raw materials, manufactured goods

In this way I expect that my cities will keep certain amount of goods like lumber and tools, import as needed, export any excess goods. But this policy generated loooong list of trade route screen so that it bogged down F1 screen completely with 12+ cities and 20+ wagons.

And here are my suggestions.

- Please fix F1 screen, Maybe it's just a problem of bad algorithm.

- There should be an way to limit importing goods, ex: Import tools (up to 300)
    The plan I used (checking both import and export boxes and keep some amount) can be a solution but it has several problems other than the F1 screen bug. the wagons dump goods more than it can store, or wander pointlessly with cargo if the goods is plenty in every city.

- I'd much appreciate if I can copy and paste a city's automation plans (emphasizing production / import&export)

- I think the trde automation is a great feature. it's good at gathering resources. It's fine with sending goods to seaports, but it does not do well to feed strategic resources. (tools, guns, etc) I often had to send a tools wagon to far away city needs them for lumber mill construction in delay.

Ah, I play marathon, so above numbers are tripled from normal games.

Comment

Working...
    X