No announcement yet.

A new way to calculate REFS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are missing the point. Suppose someone could find that "perfect formula" of linking the REF with everything, that's exactly what I am against.

Why? Because every good strategy would then be nullified.

Comment

What if a random element was included that weighted some REF triggers more important than others, but which altered with each game?

Then part of the strategy within a game would be to find the strategy that didn't trigger the REFs so much, if you follow.

Here's the thing - LB strategy already old news for some.
      Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
      Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

The new way to calculate REF is simple.

Man-o-war ships x 4 = max effective REF

All you need is a force to fight this.

Actually much less, because King never lands all his dragoons, and also never brings all his ships together, so it's even easier.

In my game the King had 1000 units against my 50 dragoons, and simply beaten him in the sea. In the end he could only bring less, and less troops. Till he lost all his ships... Game over.

I think the best strategy is to ignore the size of REF, and focus only on how many of them can come per turn. In my game when I beaten the King more than 60% of his total force was still in Europe.

So Navy + LBs + Sent + Fathers >> size of any REF
        Last edited by PrinceMyshkin; November 30, 2008, 12:11.
        Coling since 1994... :)

Comment

Working...
        X