English Rapid veritical Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• English Rapid veritical Start

Tried this and it worked well in terms of rapid vertical start.

Find a spot of land with a nice bit of food & wood farms/fish/wood. Go for a fertile base square 4+ food.

Settle both colonists put the tools and guns back on the boat.
    Start building church (put both colonists too the task if you can)
    Send the boat to nearby tribe and sell guns and tools.
    Buy some profit item if you can and return to europe. Shuttle back and forth trading from europe until growth slackens.

Rush complete church with previous guns/tools cash and balance churchmen vs. ship speed. Build additional ships to facilitate more imported people/more trade.

Using this strat my initial colony swollen rapidly hence the need for good land initially if you can land the odd farmer/ fisher man or train them nearby then cool. I even had 1 colonist per 7 turns by food as well. You can then look towards making a powerful mega colony that will generate buckets of cash in sheer efficiency. I was lucky in having 2 crabs and 1 grain I must admit.

Pitfalls: inefficient uncontrolled growth means you have a dogpile of colonists. Its easy to remove churchmen and place them back elsewhere.

Within a few years you can be an economic powerhouse with as many inhabitants as you can support. Given the nature of colonization v civ its easy enough to translate this vertical growth in horizontal.
    Last edited by nepereta; October 2, 2008, 07:55.
Working...
X