Change Time Limit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change Time Limit?

Anybody know how to change the time limit; extend or shorten?

When starting a new game you can choose different game speeds. Marathon is more turns.

Comment

In other Civ4 variants, if I recall correctly, Marathon also lengthens things like build time, etc. So wouldn't that happen in Colonization too? I don't want to bog the game down, just extend the game play before abruptly getting a you lose.

Also, if I've got a map I'm partial to, and it's already at standard, I'd like to "adjust" the time limit. Maybe the way to go is convert it into a scenario, and adjust stuff there? I assume all the mod tools and scenario builder stuff still works...

Comment

Okay, nevermind. I started a Marathon game, and the costs are the same. Just time period is extended. That answers it for me.

Thanks, Dale.

Comment

Costs for some things should be increased at Marathon, actually (ie, build times).
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

how many turns is each game-time-type?
            "What a Stupid Concept"

Comment

300,600,900 I believe (N,E,M). I don't know Quick, but I'd guess 150.
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

It's 225, 300, 450, 900.
                Those who live by the sword...get shot by those who live by the gun.

Comment

You can always change the amount of turns by editing the CIV4GameSpeedInfo file found in
                  C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization\Assets\XML\GameInfo
                  "'Let there be light!' said God, and there was light.
                  'Let there be blood!' says man, and there's a sea!"

Comment

Is it also that settlement growing time is extended?
                    I am playing a game on epic time setting
                    After reaching 200 food units town is not growing.How long does it takes now to produce a new settler?

Comment

Food requirements for growth are also scaled to the game speed--it takes 150 on Quick, 200 on Normal, 300 on Epic, and 600 on Marathon.
                      Those who live by the sword...get shot by those who live by the gun.

Comment

Now that I've been playing at Marathon for a few games, I'm noticing a few things increased. For example:
                        - purchase costs and recruitment in Europe are higher
                        - - ships are exorbitant!
                        - - but yield seems to accumulate faster too
                        - settlement growth appears to require 400
                        - storage is increased to around 400
                        - build times are longer
                        - quick build costs are higher

I can't now remember why I thought there weren't any increases...

Comment

Domo arigato, Ijuinsan. Gokurosama-de****a.

Still not paying enough attention. Heh. ^_^

Thanks for the tip, Reiko.

Comment

I'm not clear on this. I'd assumed that all things scaled proportionally and that everything took longer at the slower game paces (except movement) as per Civ 4.

Maybe I'll just edit that Gameinfo file.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko
                              You can always change the amount of turns by editing the CIV4GameSpeedInfo file found in
                              C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization\Assets\XML\GameInfo
                              OK, maybe I'm just not used to doing this....

When I open that file, it opens in a browser, but I am unable to edit anything

I mean I can select the number of turns, but it won't respond to me typing something.

Maybe I just don't know the ways of xml
                              Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
                              ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Working...
                              X