Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do those Indians want to trade again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do those Indians want to trade again?

It's good to see that we now know what expert training each indian village will give after talking to them. In Col 1 you'd keep forgetting unless you wrote it down. Actually, as I recall, you could only send one in for training and they refused any more. It now appears you can send an infinite number, though I think it takes longer each time. They will also train petty criminals now it appears whereas they refused before. But anyway...

What I would really also like to see on the map is what good they would like to trade now. I'm surprised we can't see this. Looks like, once again, we will just have to remember or write it down. Also a question: if another European colony trades with them what they originally said they would like to trade with us, does that change their trade demands? Say, for insiance they said they wanted fur coats. But then another European power trades fur coats with them before we get back there. Does this mean they no longer want fur coats from us but something else instead?
    Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
    Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

On the settlement name plate, on the right is a circle with the icon of a good in it. That's the good they want. It is on the map.

Comment

Thx Dale. Does it change if another European power gets there first? Also, am I right in that training colonists takes longer each time you use the same Indian village? Is there any indication of how long it is going to take each time?
      Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.

Comment

You usually get a notification of the desired resource change and the icon changes accordingly.
        "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~ Ben Franklin

Comment

But do we get a notification even when the village is shorouded by the fog of war?

Dale, I've inboxed you privately about forum bugs but now realise I can't access my private inbox for the same reason I can't access my control panel properly.

Comment

When an Indian civilization proposes a Defensive pact, I'd like to be able to consult my map to see where they are.

Currently I have to write down the names of tribes I'd like to have watching my back because once they spring the question on you, I don't see any way to look at a map other than to initially refuse them or to ALWAYS be the one proposing.
            Last edited by tour86rocker; September 29, 2008, 00:52.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rusty Gamer
              But do we get a notification even when the village is shorouded by the fog of war?

Dale, I've inboxed you privately about forum bugs but now realise I can't access my private inbox for the same reason I can't access my control panel properly.
              You only get notified of indian settlements you have visited and met the chief of.

[offtopic]
              I've reported your bug to the techos, so hopefully fixed soon.
              [/offtopic]

Comment

[offtopic]Dale, I've emailed you further information.[/offtopic]

Comment

There's only one picture, but sometimes the settlement demands multiple things in one turn. Does it really demand all of them, or just the one that the nameplate depicts?

Comment

If you go into the trade screen, you can see what they want in white. They'll usually buy things not listed, if at a lower price.
                    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X