Constitution questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constitution questions

I love the concept of the Constitution, but since the WoI usually doesn't last very long, it ultimately isn't particularly relevent.

Any ideas on how to make this game mechanic more meaningful?

And some of the choices offered are... odd. For instance, if I'm declaring independence, and essentially stopping my economy to arm everyone and fight off the Tories, why on earth would I care about a 2+ bonus to tobacco/sugar/cotton production?
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

More than likely the game would have to extend beyond the WoI to make it particularly interesting. There's no reason it couldn't extend, I suppose ...
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I was going to say that maybe in a bigger game you'd still have an economy running to generate cash... but then I realized there isn't really anywhere to buy stuff...
      "What a Stupid Concept"

Comment

There were a couple of reasons to maintain a colony in the original:
        1. You could still trade with Europe through your Custom House.
        2. The way the REF worked was different. The way revolutionary sentiment worked was different. Net effect: You could actually have armies in your settlements earlier on. Thus keep the economy rolling in addition to building troops.
        3. You were highly encouraged to continue productive colonies because it would allow you to get foreign intervention. As far as I know, foreign intervention does not happen in this game. Unless you convince the other colonies or natives to "join" you. Like they'd really help...

Comment

Working...
        X