Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Initial ship position needs to be random.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Initial ship position needs to be random.

It seems like the human player's first ship always starts in the same spot, pushed up against the southern edge of the habitable zone, right where the tundra starts. This is a big disadvantage as the AI ship that begins right in the middle has many more choices and a much better chance of a good starting city.

Why would your initial ship starting spot not be random? That seems an obvious and easy thing to have done, and it kind of bothers me that it wasn't. As much as I'm enjoying the game there are a few very questionable and yet seemingly simple to avoid pitfalls.

This is fixed. Please see the Snoopy/Dale patch thread.

Comment

Thanks! I downloaded the patch. I am still surprised that something like this made it into the public release.

Comment

I assume I just overwrite the files in the appropriate directories with the patchmod, but what do I do with patchmod.ini? Copy it into the game root directory or cut and paste it into civilizationiv.ini or what? There do not appear to be installation instructions

Comment

Sorry, it's actually setup as a mod, so in your game files (eg: C\Program Files\Colonization\) create a folder called Mods and move the PatchMod folder there.

When you start Col, go Advanced --> Load a Mod and select PatchMod. That's the easiest and safest way to play as it doesn't overwrite the default setup.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X