Blue Marble for Colonization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Marble for Colonization

This program allows the installation of a new graphic design for Sid Meier's CivIV Colonizationâ„¢, based on images of the NASA project Blue Marble, supplemented with a graphically modernized and harmonized user interface. Individual components are selectable in the setup program.
    Homepage and Download: http://www.civfanatics.net/bluemarble
    German Mirror: http://www.civilized.de/www/content/...iv4_bluemarble

Desired/Undesired components can be enabled/disabled during installation via options:
    Terrains: BlueMarble textures of the earth
    Themes: BlueMarble fonts and mouse cursors
    Backgrounds: BlueMarble backgrounds (loading screens, advisors, civilopedia)
    Leaderheads: BlueMarble leaderheads (color adapted and "aged")

history:
    2008-09-23: V1.00 - initial release
    2008-09-26: V1.50 - new wood interface, improved deserts, plains, greens, trees

terrain screenshots:

comparison screenshot:
    Kai · Team www.civilized.de

How do I install the file?

Comment

Originally posted by Herw
      How do I install the file?
      It's very easy, just extract the installer (exe) from the zip file and run it. The installer then will offer "Install" and "Uninstall" buttons.

The installer is smart and safe. It will check first, if and where CivCol is installed, then it will add new user custom files. Multiplayer compatibilty is not affected (it is only a "cosmetic" mod), the original status can be restored at anytime. The option "List Affected Files" shows all created/modified files. If not the full mod is desired you can remove options via check marks.

Comment

Hey, this is great!

A tiny request: is there something you could do about those roads? They are extremely hard for me to see with the base graphics. It's easier with Blue Marble, but still not that great. I seem to recall the same was the case with the original Civ4, so maybe that gray roads mod could be adapter here as well?
        XBox Live: VovanSim
        xbox.com (login required)
        Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
        Spore page

Comment

Just plain great, improves the visuals a great deal. Been waiting for Blue Marble for Civ4Col

Thanx

Comment

Originally posted by vovan
            A tiny request: is there something you could do about those roads? They are extremely hard for me to see with the base graphics. I seem to recall the same was the case with the original Civ4, so maybe that gray roads mod could be adapter here as well?
            Sorry, I don't know the gray roads mod. For your convenience I tried to create a darker, muddier road for CivCol (see attachment), but I do not think that visibility gets better with it. I have no problems with the original CivCol road and prefer that one.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X