Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dale/Snoopy PatchMod (Bug-fixes and more)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You are unable to build ships in cities next to lakes (i.e. water tiles with no connection to the sea).

You are however able to build drydocks and shipyards in these cities.

Something for the to-do list?

Comment

• Hmm, sounds reasonable to me. I'll look at the code today if I get home on time.
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• in the unit and building files there is an iMinAreaSize paramter. It seems to be set to -1 for regular buildings and units, 10 for drydocks etc, and 20 for ships...

maybe this is part of the answer?

Comment

• That's most likely the one.

Comment

• I wonder why they're not equal. Intentional, or not?

Is there any reason for a drydock without a ship?

Comment

• I had an interesting situation in my last game. Two cities on a lake and coastal access. The REF takes one of them. Then, 3 MoW go through the lake to bombard the other city.

The cool part was when I retook the first city and the 3 MoW happened to be in transit in the city... that was 3 less MoW I had to kill to win. And yes I won by killing the ships... pretty much only takes X+1 SotL to do it. One SotL to suicide, then the second gets the kill and can retreat back inside a city to heal.

Comment

• Version 1.06 has been uploaded!

Please see the first post to download and for updated changelogs.

Comment

• Getting converts from foreign missions

Ran patch v. 1.06. Big improvement. Kudos on fixing the sea routes in the western hemisphere map. The AI's also acting much better -- as if it's actually trying to make money (a big bonus for my privateers are in order!)

While playing as the English, I started getting native converts on a regular basis from a French mission. This bug didn't appear to originally exist; at least it didn't happen in any of the games I'd played before installing the patch. I didn't find any other posts that pointed this out either. Sorry if it's already been addressed.

Comment

• No, that probably was introduced by the native convert -> proper team code change. If Dale doesn't have time to find it, I will look at it when I get home.

Comment

• Dale, remind me tonight (/tomorrow for you) to send you the code for the WoI time dilation, also ...

Comment

• Re: Getting converts from foreign missions

Originally posted by armyjournalist
                        While playing as the English, I started getting native converts on a regular basis from a French mission. This bug didn't appear to originally exist; at least it didn't happen in any of the games I'd played before installing the patch. I didn't find any other posts that pointed this out either. Sorry if it's already been addressed.
                        That sounds like the same bug that was reported on Oct 8.

Comment

• It seems like in v1.06 Indians cannot declare war on you until turn 20. I was exploring with my scout and explored and Indian Burial Site, I got the message that I had angered the Natives and they had declared war. Then a message that said I cannot declare war until turn 20. I checked the relations page and I was not at war with any native nation.

Thanks for all your work to improve the game. I am having loads of fun playing the patched versions.

Thanks
                          Dean

Comment

• Re: Re: Getting converts from foreign missions

Originally posted by wodan11

That sounds like the same bug that was reported on Oct 8.
                            Nope, that's actually the bug Dale fixed in this patch... what he's describing is probably a bug caused by that fix having an unanticipated consequence.

Comment

• Originally posted by deanatglobe
                              It seems like in v1.06 Indians cannot declare war on you until turn 20. I was exploring with my scout and explored and Indian Burial Site, I got the message that I had angered the Natives and they had declared war. Then a message that said I cannot declare war until turn 20. I checked the relations page and I was not at war with any native nation.

Thanks for all your work to improve the game. I am having loads of fun playing the patched versions.

Thanks
                              Dean
                              Oops, thought that was fixed... that was a known bug Will take a look if Dale's still busy tonight.

Comment

• Re: Dale/Snoopy Patch Thread

Originally posted by snoopy369
                                NEW * Easier to get Great Generals in Marathon and Epic games.
                                NEW * Exploration points now correctly scale for gamespeed.
                                [/code]
                                Great work, but I've found a few new bugs.

- In marathon games, ocean crossing time is doubled ( 6->12 turns )
                                - In marathon games, pioneers working time is doubled ( ex: building a lodge takes 60 turns, ouch! )

Those two make marathon games very unplayable right now, please fix them soon!

Comment

Working...
                                X