Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dale/Snoopy PatchMod (Bug-fixes and more)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by N35t0r

But he just effectively taxed me another 2.5k on transport fees, and now wants all my remaining gold... It doesn't seem verly logical, especially since the king should, at least at first, want the colonies to grow... Maybe only issuing lump sum taxes when the colony's gold stash is very high, with added leniency the less revolt% the colony has?
    Again, that is in no way related to your treasure. The King is charging you a fee based on the treasure (50%); that is all he does related to the treasure. The King will periodically ask you for money, based on your current monetary holdings. This is not related to the treasure, and would've happened no matter what, if you'd had 2500gp in your possession.

In fact, you roughly describe exactly how he works, in that he won't demand more than you have (or even quite all of it). If you only carry 200gp on hand, he'll never demand more than 200gp. Basically you are penalized for keeping that much gold on hand (to the extent it penalizes you for refusing, which is not much).
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• N35t0r: "I'm paying more in taxes than I'm making!"

Snoopy (IRS): "There's a formula based on wanh wanh wanh wanh waaa..." (Sorry for the Peanuts sound effects)

Bottom line neither of you are contradicting the other. And that tells us something.

Comment

• This might count:

Moving cargo, from one wagon train or ship to the next using the max distance than forcing it over into the next, and so on.

Comment

• I think beeing unable to load a Cargo from one transport to another outside a settlement is working as intended.

Comment

• Finished with Revolutionary (hardest) now and while the PatchMod makes it more difficult than vanilla, the game is still too easy.

Playing the PatchMod on multiplayer causes more OOS than vanilla, btw. Actually, every time a player sends his ship back from europe, the game goes out of sync.
            "The state is nothing but an instrument of oppression of one class by another--no less so in a democratic republic than in a monarchy."

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369

Again, that is in no way related to your treasure. The King is charging you a fee based on the treasure (50%); that is all he does related to the treasure. The King will periodically ask you for money, based on your current monetary holdings. This is not related to the treasure, and would've happened no matter what, if you'd had 2500gp in your possession.

In fact, you roughly describe exactly how he works, in that he won't demand more than you have (or even quite all of it). If you only carry 200gp on hand, he'll never demand more than 200gp. Basically you are penalized for keeping that much gold on hand (to the extent it penalizes you for refusing, which is not much).

I'm not arguing that it's a bug, I'm arguing that it's a badly designed mechanic.
              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Originally posted by Fleme
                Finished with Revolutionary (hardest) now and while the PatchMod makes it more difficult than vanilla, the game is still too easy.

Playing the PatchMod on multiplayer causes more OOS than vanilla, btw. Actually, every time a player sends his ship back from europe, the game goes out of sync.
                Dale

I think I know how to fix those, actually, in theory ... just not in practice. Jon explained it to me at some point a long way back.
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Refar
                  I think beeing unable to load a Cargo from one transport to another outside a settlement is working as intended.
                  In settlements. If you can get the ships, or wagons into settlements in one turn, even if they have already loaded, or moved, they can still be loaded onto something else and moved, and loaded and moved.

I don't think that is intended.

Comment

• Kind of like the infinite transport exploit in civ2? (and maybe 3?) That's why in original col transport units ended their turns upon arrival to a settlement.
                    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Originally posted by peege

In settlements. If you can get the ships, or wagons into settlements in one turn, even if they have already loaded, or moved, they can still be loaded onto something else and moved, and loaded and moved.

I don't think that is intended.
                      I think that is. Being able to load goods to another transport to move further - in a settlement - makes sense. Kind of "Horse-Change Stations"

I am not sure from your description - You can load Wagons onto Wagons ? That would be bug... But i didn't notice this.

Comment

• Is there any part of this patch that can be manually moved to AoDII?
                        Flash
                        Ἐí ἀñ÷ῇ ἦí ὁ ëüãïò, êáὶ ὁ ëüãïò ἦí ðñὸò ôὸí èåüí, êáὶ èåὸò ἦí ὁ ëüãïò.
                        the Moderator of the World Creators

Comment

• Say, I wonder if little ships can be loaded onto bigger ships?
                          Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
                          Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

• Here is an example:

Say you have 4 settlements. Each one is 1 whole turn for a wagon to reach from the next and there is a wagon in each settlement.

You load the goods on one wagon train in #1.

Move the wagon to #2 & Manually take control of the unit even though it has no movement left, and unload the goods. (makes sense so far)

Then LOAD the stuff on the SAME TURN, and MOVE it again to #3. Unload it again. (this is where it gets to move twice as far as it should)

LOAD it again, and MOVE it again, in the same turn to #4. (these goods just traveled 3 times their normal distance)

They have limited movement because they could only go so far in a certain amount of time. You shouldn't be able to just move stuff from one end of the colony to the other in one turn because you have wagons in every settlement and they are all within a turns reach from one another.

Also, when the first wagon was moving the stuff from #1 to #2, the second wagon is theoretically moving at the same time. It's a turn based game, but the normal mechanics make it so that everything is happening at once.

Once an item has been loaded, moved (max distance), and unloaded, isn't that it? It moved in a wagon train for the duration of the turn, right?

Comment

• I think it's fine. A turn is 1 year long - (On Marathon still 4 month) - surely enought time to switch the Vagon. It worked like this in Civ too, so i am pretty sure it's not a bug. (Not one Firaxis wnat to fix for sure ) The Vagon has Limited Range. It seems logical, that by having more Vagons (like in better overal infrastructure) you can speed up the transport.
                              And with this beeing a MM nightmare... You most likely will be not using it too much.

And finally - even if a bug - i am not sure how this would be fixable. Once the Goods are unloaded in a Settlement (and stored in a settlements Goods Pool) there is no way to track if they had moved already or not.

Comment

• Think so too... its like in the good ol days

A postman rides say 100 miles to a station, changes to another horse and rides another 100 miles. Imho thats the same principle with the postman being the "cargo".

Comment

Working...
                                X