Game crashes if caravel is selected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game crashes if caravel is selected

Alright, got the game and I am unable to play.

Game starts ok up until in the beginning of first turn I get the Royal Charter screen. If I click 'Continue' the game will CTD.

If before clicking 'Continue' I change the active unit to either the soldier or the pioneer and then click 'Continue' the Royal Charter screen closes and game does not crash. But if I select the caravel after that the game will CTD. I can even end turns but cannot really play since I can't move the caravel to make a landfall

Sounds like a graphics card issue. Before going into a game, go into graphics options and turn graphics to low, zero anti-aliasing and everything else on low.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale
      Before going into a game, go into graphics options and turn graphics to low, zero anti-aliasing and everything else on low.

Sir, you are a genius! Seems to be working now

Comment

Anti-aliasing tends to be the bane of certain games' existence. Not sure why, but it causes a lot of crashes for a lot of people, in other games as well, even with perfectly adequate graphics cards...
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Probably because it defaults to off in many games, so most players never even touch it. So graphics card companies probably don't get a lot of in-the-wild bug reports from crashes involving AA.

Comment

I guess. AA is so important in almost any game, though ...
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
            X