Ack! No manual with Steam purchase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ack! No manual with Steam purchase?

I'm totally lost. There isn't any manual available on Steam; which blows as they are available for most games.

I've played Civ4 and CivRev, but I am not having an easy time migrating to Colonization.

My main concern (for the moment) is which building or resource is responsible for extending influence?

You need to place colonists in the town hall to produce bells. Bells increase influence, as well as raising rebel sentiment.

Oh, and there's a catch to generating bells in the new version. I'll let you find out.

Comment

The Stream download didn't come with a "Read Me" file? That does seem strange if it is true.

Comment

It has a Read Me, but that just covers things like Minimum and Recommended System Requirements, Installation and Known Issues
        i.e.

If you are experiencing a problem with out of sync (OOS) errors in Internet games from players trying to hot join into AI controlled Civs or from players retiring, have the host save the game and re-launch from the main menu.

If a player inadvertently drops from an Internet game, it is better to have everyone wait at the Democracy screen than to have the player hot join while the game continues.

Though multiplayer games can have up to 18 players we only support and recommend a maximum of 12 players.
        Thanks for the tip on the bells!

Comment

Did you play the original Colonization, the similarities in the two games is uncanny
          *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

No, I hadn't played the original Colonization.

Luckily the Manual has now been added to steam!

Comment

Here's how to get the manual.

In Steam, right click on Colonization in your game menu and choose "View Store Page".

About half way down the website on the right hand side a blue link will say "view the manual".

Bam! Manual.

Comment

Originally posted by fumanchu72000
                Here's how to get the manual.

In Steam, right click on Colonization in your game menu and choose "View Store Page".

About half way down the website on the right hand side a blue link will say "view the manual".

Bam! Manual.
                Yup, that takes you here: http://store.steampowered.com/manual/16810/

Comment

Working...
                X