X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dale, the file appears to be corrupted.

My mistake, I've noticed the downloaded file was incomplete (334/371MB)...
    Last edited by PrinceMyshkin; February 26, 2009, 05:44.
    Coling since 1994... :)

Comment

• Yeah it's a big file this time around.

Comment

• Very nice mod.

Unfortunately I had a crash to desktop. Twice on two different games.

Comment

• Post the save games of the turn it crashes, with the process to repeat the crash, then I can fix it.

Comment

• I started the game on the New World Huge map. What may not be obvious from the save game is that I modded the starting positions of the Europeans.

Question? Is it so difficult to get the New World map to have starting positions of the Europeans and the Native Americans somewhere near their historical locations?
            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Aerion View Post
              I started the game on the New World Huge map. What may not be obvious from the save game is that I modded the starting positions of the Europeans.

Question? Is it so difficult to get the New World map to have starting positions of the Europeans and the Native Americans somewhere near their historical locations?
              No, not really. But being a non American, and not even from the same continents, I don't really know where most of the tribes were.

Also, I prefer the randomness of not knowing.

But feel free to place them where they're supposed to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dale View Post
                Post the save games of the turn it crashes, with the process to repeat the crash, then I can fix it.
                Any luck with the debug? I'm going through AoD withdrawal!

Comment

• Reading from v1.01 patch notes:

The price of hurrying immigrants never exceeds the price of buying them
                  Starting location is now randomized every time you lose all your ships
                  Exploration points no longer scale with game speed
                  Boycotted goods no longer count for tax raises
                  Fixed some starting location issues
                  Terrain double movement from promotions now works properly
                  Removed cap on production overflow
                  Units left in Europe after the revolution are eliminated if Elections are chosen in the Constitution
                  King is more likely to have a balanced REF (rather than all troops and no ships, for example)
                  Fixed exploit where gifting a wagon full of goods in a city would double the goods(!)
                  Slavery gives extra hammers as well

Would these apply to AoD2? Is there any conflict in codes?

Comment

• AoD2 is NOT compatible with the patch yet. Installing the patch will destroy the ability to run AoD2.

I'll try to get a new compatible version out soon.

Comment

• Great. I've already installed it! :s

It's alright I will wait a bit!

Comment

• If you already have AoD2 1.07 installed, then I've provided an update to 1.08 so you don't have to download the full 400 meg.

Unzip the below update file to the desktop then manually copy the files over the 1.07 files. It should work, I can't guarentee it, but it should.

1.07 to 1.08 update: http://rtw.apolyton.net/aod2/AoD2_1.08_update.zip

Code:
                        1.07 to 1.08 changelog:

* PiMan's New Australia & Australia Civs
                        * NeverMind's New Russia & Russia Civs
                        * Younflancy's New China & China Civs
                        * Other changes
                        	* Tax Trade Theshold doubled (can trade more before a tax rise)
                        	* All units now single graphics on map
                        	* No Pirates till after turn 30 (if AI controlled)
                        	* Added new tag: bFromWest to indicate Civ begins on the west of the map
                        * Rebel Sentiment changes
                        	* Each colonist has their own RS on a percentage scale
                        	* Each colony's CRS is based on each colonist's RS in the colony
                        	* Global GRS is based on the RS of all units except those on the docks in Europe
                        	* Producing bells has an upward effect on all colonist's RS, the more bells the more upwards movement
                        	* Statemen in colonies raise the RS of units on the colony's plot on the map (eg: soldiers)
                        	* RS generation takes into account gameSpeed & handicap
                        	* Colonist's RS is now shown on the scale in the Revolution Advisor screen
                        	* What affects colonist RS:
                        		- City bell production (raises)
                        		- Accepting tax rises (lowers)
                        		- Not accepting tax rises (raises)
                        		- Kissing pinky (lowers)
                        		- Refusing to kiss pinky (raises)
                        * Fixes (from 1.07)
                        	* Fixed Europe screen new profession crash
                        	* Doubled unit freedom times
                        	* Doubled unit upskilling time
                        	* Halved school fees
                        	* Upgraded to official patch 1.01f
                        	* Ozzy's map header fixed to allow for customising game
                        	* Fixed Buy Shortfall bug where amount of yield to purchase wasn't reset if you chose not to pay
                        	* "Examine City" changed to "Nevermind" on education popup to allow cancelling of education
                        	* Governor won't place automated citizens in education if human player
                        	* Doubled trade victory threshold
                        Last edited by Dale; March 15, 2009, 08:18.

Comment

• Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• 1. Expansive trait needs update:

It probably means -50% Travel Time to Europe, not +50% Travel Time to Europe.

2. Aussies start in the pacific. Will REF be smart enough to come from the Pacific?

Hermann told me REF always comes from the Atlantic...

3. Diplomacy convos have no texts. I am wondering if this is a malfunction or a side-effect of me upgrading from v1.07 to v1.08.

4. Playing Australlia in PatchMod Western Hemisphere map. I've started about 10 turns away from coast!

5. Why do regulars have +25% settlement strength and veterans +50%?
                            Last edited by PrinceMyshkin; March 15, 2009, 13:41.

Comment

• Version 1.08 released! Now patch 1.01f compatible!

Please see the first post for details and download link.

Comment

• Installed fresh v1.08. All works fine!

v1.07-v1.08 upgrade does not work though. Diplomacy texts are missing.

Good job Dale!

Comment

Working...
                                X