Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aug 16-22: A Week In (p)review

The Civ4: Col Week in (p)review:

This last week has been a big one for Civ4: Col. Many screenshots, hands-on reviews, the release of the trailer movie, a release countdown and the first faction profile. In order we have:

Worthplaying released 22 screens, the trailer and a little information (not new).

IGN released a hands-on preview by Jason Ocampo.

We haven't even gotten to when relations turn ugly and it's time for war, but judging from the build trees there's quite a bit to naval and land combat. Privateers, frigates, infantry, cavalry, and scouts are just some of the military units at your command, provided you can produce them.

Gamershell.com posted 10 new screenshots and the trailer movie.

layers will be challenged to guide their people from the oppressive motherland, discover the New World, and negotiate, trade and fight with both the natives and other nations as they acquire power and fight for freedom and independence. Colonization does not require the original Civilization IV product in order to be played

PALGN posted their first preview of the game and were impressed.

For anyone who's been waiting for an updated version of Colonization, it all looks very promising. The standalone nature of the game should also make it a good jumping in point for anyone who's missed the Civ IV bandwagon so far, or is just looking for something a bit different from the Civ IV stable.

IGN then posted the first faction profile: The Dutch, including the Dutch Stadtholder (modelled off William of Orange the Silent), Adriaen van der Donck & Peter Stuyvesant.

Finally, Gamespy released their first hand-on preview with mention of the possible release date.

Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization is scheduled for release on September 22nd and we can't wait to dig in to the final version of Sid's confection.

Last edited by DanQ; August 23, 2008, 10:45.

Re: Aug 16-22: A Week In (p)review

Originally posted by Dale
    Worthplaying released 22 screens, the trailer and a little information (not new).
    Those pictures must be promotional material?
    The cities are just to close to each other - even though Col only has a one square city radius.

But still eagerly waiting...

Comment

Re: Re: Aug 16-22: A Week In (p)review

Originally posted by Jeje2

Those pictures must be promotional material?
      The cities are just to close to each other - even though Col only has a one square city radius.

But still eagerly waiting...
      Me too my friend

I am eagerly awaiting this

I plan on writing a storyline as I learn this game...

Hopefully in another month my wrist will be able to tolerate more so I may enjoy this game!!!

Thanks DanQ for allowing this to be hosted here!

Thanks Dale for the article and your contributions in this forum!!

Gramps
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I see it shows 268 turns played and thirty-three left to win, I do hope you can play a longer game if you so choose?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
          I see it shows 268 turns played and thirty-three left to win, I do hope you can play a longer game if you so choose?

Thanks
          IIRC, 300 turns will be the standard gamespeed. A slower and quicker gamespeed where mentioned. About 250 turns on quick, and somewhere between 350 and 400 on slow speed.
          He who knows others is wise.
          He who knows himself is enlightened.
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

I wonder if you could choose to say continue..after certain criteria are met?

Like choosing Conquest or deathmatch in some games where everything has to be destroyed?

I can only hope so..............

Comment

Establishing your independance isn't enough for you? You want to take over the Motherland as well?
              He who knows others is wise.
              He who knows himself is enlightened.
              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder
                Establishing your independance isn't enough for you? You want to take over the Motherland as well?

Comment

Working...
                X