No announcement yet.

Final Front Box Art Exclusives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strictly speaking, 2KGames did not make the Mac port of Civ4/Warlords, but Aspyr Games. Certainly 2KGames had to approve it being made, but I suspect Aspyr had more to do with deciding not to do BtS than 2KGames.

It's entirely possible they could decide to do Col, deciding it has a bigger user base, but it would probably be more work for them also...
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
      ... I suspect Aspyr had more to do with deciding not to do BtS than 2KGames.
      I concur.

It's entirely possible they could decide to do Col, deciding it has a bigger user base, but it would probably be more work for them also...
      Indeed. My personal feeling is that Civ4Col will not be ported to the Mac, but I would be happy to be proven wrong in this case.
      PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
      >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ
        My personal feeling is that Civ4Col will not be ported to the Mac, but I would be happy to be proven wrong in this case.
        Well, my feeling is looking to be wrong.
        >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Re: Final Front Box Art Exclusives

[SIZE=1]

As can be seen, the most notable difference between the two is that the European box emphasizes that CivIV is not required to play given Civ4Col's "stand-alone expansion" status. Another difference is the respective rating continental agencies for games gave the title: in America it's rated for those aged 10 and over while in Europe it's 12 and over.
          Must be because of the tobacco.
          "The nation that controls magnesium controls the universe."

-Matt Groenig

Comment

Re: Final Front Box Art Exclusives

Originally posted by jkp1187
            Must be because of the tobacco.
            They are oddities, but the first one in particular strikes me as .

Comment

Actually, it seemed to me that the American version would be more likely to give it a more "adult" rating due to tobacco.

Perhaps the Euros are more worried about the effects of glorifying genocide, slavery, and colonial wars?

Naah. It's the tobacco.
              "The nation that controls magnesium controls the universe."

-Matt Groenig

Comment

Working...
              X