Alternate Colonization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternate Colonization

Since it's too late to include in the original game, I'll propose this as expansion material...

Three Ideas.

1.) A map of the entire new world, so that Russia can compete, coming in through Alaska (like it really did).

2.) Of course, AmerIndians playable...

3.) Alternative Scenario Ideas (like in Hearts of Iron II)... and a Scenario/Map Editor.

Could the game include options for having other countries involved in the conquests, or for a strong Iroquois Federation, etc.

Also, the game could have different starting date times, and different areas of focus. It could have one version set in New England, another near the Orinoco Basin, another in modern-day Peru, etc.

Such additions would vastly increase the replay value.
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Dale is planning (1) already, as far as I know. (2) would be interesting, but you'd have to significantly modify their role to make it interesting, or else make it a 'survivor' type game. (3) is included, as far as I know (the map editor), I believe they announced something like that.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

) would be interesting, but you'd have to significantly modify their role to make it interesting, or else make it a 'survivor' type game.
      Well, that's true, but assuming the game could start a few years before Columbus' discovery, the Azetc and the Inca might feasibly be able to hold off the Europeans... and if they link up with the trading Dutch, then they could feasibly become a power.

As for (3)- that's great to know!
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Working...
      X