Confirmed: Coming in September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confirmed: Coming in September

After some reports from the floor of E3 that the release date for Civilization IV: Colonization would be September 2008, we contacted Firaxis to ask for their comment on the matter, and Marketing Director Kelley Gilmore brings us the official word: this is indeed true, the game is coming out in September already. No word on the exact date yet, that remains to be determined. We'll of course let you know as soon as we find out.
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Any comment on whether that is just for North America....
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Hmm, good question. Virtually all modern Firaxis games have had (near-)simultaneous releases in all major markets, so it's a pretty safe bet that that will be the case here as well. (CivRev was a bit of an exception, but only because of those weird DLC coupons some major US brick & mortar retailers threw in.)

I'll ask if Firaxis can comment on that at this time, though as it's not something they control (that's a 2K decision) they probably can't (and 2K is a lot harder to get any answers out of).

Comment

Good, we now have a confirmed date.

I wonder if Colonization will be translated like Civ 4 was (French, Spanish...)
        «Vive le Québec libre» - Charles de Gaulle

Comment

So if it's a typical Firaxis/2K release, I'll get it (Australia) a week before everyone else.

Comment

My next trip to the civilised world is late August!

I won't be out again until November!

I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Don't they have Pony Express* in PNG?

*By 'Pony Express' I mean "Rob Worham Postal Services, Inc."
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

That could be done, however I could also purchase it from an online store and get it sent that way.

The real problem is successfully getting it the item once it hits the system here.

I could get it couriered - which has a higher success rate - but is awful expensive here as well - for all sorts of reasons.

I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin
                  Any comment on whether that is just for North America....
                  Got the word back from Firaxis: nope, this will be a world-wide release for September.

Comment

Good News...

I just can't wait..

Normally I don't buy games at release-date...but when its up to Sid's games, I am remote-controlled...

Comment

Anything more specific then septemer known yet?

And dammit now it's going to have to compete with my spore playing time
                      Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
                      -Henrik Tikkanen

Comment

Some say september 24th... so you'll be bored stiff by Spore by then.
                        «Vive le Québec libre» - Charles de Gaulle

Comment

Awesome awesome awesome...

Put me in a coma until then because I am too excited to sleep otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus

Got the word back from Firaxis: nope, this will be a world-wide release for September.
                            Locutus

Just checking, is this early or late September estimate release date?

Thanks

Gramps
                            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Nothing has been announced, but exactly because of that it pretty much has to be late September: not having a release date known only 2-3 weeks before the game comes out is ludicrous (and they won't want to compete with Spore anyway, which comes out on the 5th). We'll probably hear an exact date very soon (my money's on an announcement during/around the Leipzig Games Convention, which is the second half of next week).

Comment

Working...
                              X