Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few thoughts about Beyond Earth

Hey everyone,
    A couple of days someone posted here that Beyond Earth + DLC + Rising Tide was on sale for a ridiculously low price at greenmangaming so I bought it. I've been playing it for a while and here's a few thoughts and feelings I wanted to share.

First of all, whenever this game is discussed, someone is quick to mention that "it's not as bad as people claim", yet I've never seen anyone claim it's bad. Where are these Beyond Earth haters, or is this revs check wa just reddit circlejerk in action again?

Second, I think this game is cool as hell. I just love the concept of colonizing an alien planet and having to fight for survival, and I think this was achieved beautifully. The miasma that chills on random tiles and deals damage to units is not just an annoying game mechanic, it's a mechanic that makes you feel like you truly are in a hostile environment and everything on this planet is out to get you. The aliens that replace barbarians are terrifying, yet you can make peace with them and even ally them by speccing into harmony. Fighting your enemies with aliens? Hell yeah, that's amazing.
    Last edited by Jimkooper; October 21, 2019, 15:23.

You are right, if you are the type of person that loves sci-fi inspired conquer games you will definitely love this one. Come on!

tree trimming auckland

Comment

Working...
    X