PC Gamer Article: 150 Turns with Civ 6: Rise and Fall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC Gamer Article: 150 Turns with Civ 6: Rise and Fall

It's a real shake-up of a system that's normally tied to technology, with each civ independently moving from era to era depending on the pace of their research. Now every civ reaches new ages at exactly the same time, but there’s still a competitive aspect. During each era, civs get points for historic moments, like recruiting unique units or founding a new religion, and at the end of an era these points determine whether the next one is going to be a normal, Golden or Dark Age. These moments can also be viewed in an illustrated timeline of the civ that shows some flavour text and the total number of points they added to the era score.
    I'm really looking forward to this.
    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.

Originally posted by sakurasanta86 View Post
    It's a real shake-up of a system that's normally tied to technology, with each civ independently moving from era to era depending on the pace of their research. Now every civ reaches new ages at exactly the same time, but there’s still a competitive aspect. During each era, civs get points for historic moments, like recruiting unique units or founding a new religion, and at the end of an era these points determine whether the next one is going to be a normal, Golden or Dark Age. These moments can also be viewed in an illustrated timeline of the civ that shows some flavour text and the total number of points they added to the era score. Countertops TacomaBuckner Park drywall installation​
    That was so exciting! Hope there is already existing tech for that.
    Last edited by reedkutz71; August 15, 2023, 03:37.

Comment

By synchronizing the progression of civilizations through eras, the game introduces a new layer of strategy and competition. The emphasis on historic moments and the accumulation of points for each civilization adds an intriguing dynamic to the game, creating a sense of urgency and significance to each decision made. Wilmington Chimney Sweep​

Comment

Originally posted by sakurasanta86 View Post
        It's a real shake-up of a system that's normally tied to technology, with each civ independently moving from era to era depending on the pace of their research. Now every civ reaches new ages at exactly the same time, but there’s still a competitive aspect. During each era, civs get points for historic moments, like recruiting unique units or founding a new religion, and at the end of an era these points determine whether the next one is going to be a normal, Golden or Dark Age. These moments can also be viewed in an illustrated timeline of the civ that shows some flavour text and the total number of points they added to the era score.
        This is true. I couldn't agree more. dumpster rental riverside ca

Comment

Originally posted by davidson02 View Post
          By synchronizing the progression of civilizations through eras, the game introduces a new layer of strategy and competition. The emphasis on historic moments and the accumulation of points for each civilization adds an intriguing dynamic to the game, creating a sense of urgency and significance to each decision made. Wilmington Chimney Sweep​
          Yeah that is what i was thinking. Wilmington Chimney Sweep​

Comment

Originally posted by davidson02 View Post
            Yeah that is what i was thinking. https://www.goodliferenovation.com/cabinets-nj​

Comment

The illustrated timeline feature also seems like a neat way to reflect on a civ's journey, giving a narrative aspect to the game that might not have been as emphasized before. It seems like this system adds both strategy and a bit of unpredictability to the gameplay, which could make for some interesting decisions and outcomes. fantasticocks​

Comment

I'm curious to see how this affects the overall pacing of the game and whether it encourages players to focus on specific strategies or historical moments. The illustrated timeline feature seems like a great way to visualize a civilization's journey and achievements.

I'm also intrigued by the reference to not having enough middle fingers. Is there a particular aspect of the game that you find frustrating or challenging? wholesale beach products

Comment

Working...
                X