Any advice for Supremacy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any advice for Supremacy.

Having played all three affinities now, Supremacy is the first where I felt impotent. They just seem so terrible at combat. If they had Purities ability to ignore terrain they could work, but as it is, a river can and will stop a supremacy army indefinitely if defended by a single +40% when alone unit.

Anyone had any succesful military games as them, because at the moment they just feel like an objectively worse combination of the other two.

Also, frell the SABR, one move per turn, requires setup, is one shotted by literally anything. There's useless and then there's that.
    As of the latest patch, previous versions of humanity are no longer supported.

Should be very similar to the others. CNDRs are great if you get them early ... which you should.

Helps immensely that CNDRs are off of Robotics, which is the end all be all Autoplants +1 Trade Route Quest location. So you should be there every game anyway. Pick up Bionics while you're there for the Institute free Tech quest. Givesv you a free Tech that's going to be worth more than Bionics. So it's basically free Biowells and Science to click on it.

Back up CNDRs with Ranger line. They become awesome later on with city attack boost and double shots. Better than Artillery damage and no set up time. Naval/air bombardment is very useful. Pure CNDR spam should be good to take out your continent on Standard if you do it timely. Just keep spamming CNDRs. Make sure to at least have Might 1 for the XP bonus. Heal a lot.

CNDRs don't have to live very long. A properly Trade Routed city should be able to spit one out every turn or two. This is a numbers/attrition game. The AI won't replace their units as fast as you. Affinity 7 for Orbital coverage over Firaxite. Phasal Transport cheese rush the rest. Don't really bother with any of the other Supremacy Unique units. A CARVR here or there to be a "lead" into a city is about it.

Once you upgrade the CNDRs it should be game over. Redeemers are useful for cleanup once you get them.

Comment

I did notice that CNDR's were a real gamechanger, but I feel bad that most of the Supremacy uniques were useless. Didn't get a chance to try out the ANGEL though, so I suppose that might be good. My terrain was terrible, I spawned on the eastern edge of the pangea and there was a solid mountains/rifts range running the entire breadth of the continent so there was no way to move left except at the poles.

Comment

ANGELs are too costly. They're cool to play around with, but 1 ANGEL ... or 6 CNDRs? Not much of a choice. 6 upgraded CNDRs should be able to take just about any city, and usually would be good to take a few cities. 1 ANGEL could never take even the weakest outpost on it's own.

The upgraded Rangers are all the ground based ranged units you need, and don't require Firaxite.

Comment

What terrain effects do ANGELS get, because that last game's terrain actually made me wish for unit stacking. Which I normally don't want because it tends to make terrain meaningless. Shudders. So. Many. Rifts.

Comment

The base ANGEL gets no terrain effects, other than the ability to walk out into shallow water (coast, basically) and maybe cross canyons (I think this is with the base, but might only come with an upgrade). The upgraded ANGEL treats all terrain as 1 MP cost.
            Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

Supremacy is my favorite affinity right now, or at least the one I'm most familiar with playing. They require a lot of combined arms tactics but when they work they can be successful. A few pointers from how I'm using them:
              * The Infantry Tier II has two options, either +20% combat strength when adjacent to friendly or +8% per adjacent. If you take the latter and you are able to deploy 1 line of Marines with another supporting line of Artillery/Rangers then your Marines can have up to 32% bonus. On Tier III you have the +10 Heal for adjacent units which is very useful if both your lines are healing.
              * Supremacy is all about massive armies moving together for protection and offense. They work better in open terrain and combining their skills.
              * The Ranger can be turned into a perfect defensive unit for cities with the +40% bonus city bonus on Tier II and the +1 range on Tier III, added to the automatic bonus of 2 shots. Or it can be the a unit for the 2nd line but your artillery will work better.
              * The Artillery I mainly use on the 2nd line to attack cities.
              * The Armor is really designed to stand on the wings of your army and flank opponents, using the +30 when attacking wounded and either Tier III bonuses - Ignore ZOCs or +30 when flanking
              * The Tacjets are to finish off injured units (Tier II) and to be a quick reaction force (Tier III - rebase doesn't cost anything)
              * CNDRs I use for attacking but Prime CNDRs I usually chose the defensive bonus (+30 on own territory) but they are also cheap fodder units.
              * The other 3 units, the CARVR, SABR and ANGEL require either a network of magrails to quickly move on your own territory, or Phasal Transporters to quickly deploy. Phasal Transporters are great since you will also benefit from the Firaxite deposits giving orbital coverage to drop forces into deep enemy territory.

Comment

There was a **** up somewhere in the design process because the SABR, CRVR, and ANGEL are better suited for defence, and the CNDR, Ranger, and Apostle are better suited for offense. The complete reverse of what the in game lore says.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                  The upgraded Rangers are all the ground based ranged units you need, and don't require Firaxite.
                  For some reason I love the Rangers... now I know why... lol

Comment

Having them with three range and not costing resources? I'm in.

I have a hard time justifying not using the three affinity resources for buildings, especially when you can manage perfectly (at least so far, but I have pretty much 80-85% of the web researched) with regular units.
                    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Working...
                    X