Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don´t settle/do archaeology near us ... Distance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don´t settle/do archaeology near us ... Distance?

Well, the AI loves to demand promises not to settle or do excavations near them, as soon as you get "too close" to them with your cities or archaeological missions.

There is one big question however:
    How close to the AI factions lands/nearest city is "near us"?

Another question regarding promises:
    Is there any place where we can see which (still valid) promises we have with which other faction?
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

I just always assume it will piss off any AIs in which the direction of the excavation site is from my capital ...

Comment

I assume 6-7 hexes. Cities can work 3 tiles away, just like Civ V, and in that game any potential overlap seems to be the trigger. So far it's worked in this one, although they always ask me to not search for artifacts near their lands after I finish the first expedition. I've used that by sending multiple explorers and staggering the starts so they conclude on the same turn, if there are two or more sites near an AI.
      Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

On a related note, each leader has a modifier to how likely they are to condemn you for excavating too close (or whatever else). Can check out the values in the XML or on the Wiki on the Leader pages:

Not sure if it affects the distance they will become upset or if it's just increasing the likelihood of getting really upset over it.

Comment

Working...
        X