eternal war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eternal war

Early in the game 3 civ's declared war on me. Ok that happens but it is impossible to make peace. Always when you press the button to negotiate peace they refuse to talk. Sorry that is not good and needs to be fixed...
    I am now late in the game and they still refuse to talk....

Originally posted by Lambiorix_be View Post
    Early in the game 3 civ's declared war on me. Ok that happens but it is impossible to make peace. Always when you press the button to negotiate peace they refuse to talk. Sorry that is not good and needs to be fixed...
    I am now late in the game and they still refuse to talk....
    AFAIK there is a minimum time between declaration of war and the first possibility to declare peace.
    (at least if you get asked to join a war and agree to do it, 10 turns have to pass before you can declare peace ... but AFAIK there also is a minimum time between DoW and peace if you declare war on your own)
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Yes, that is what I expected (same as in civ5). However I am now more than 200 turns further and still they refuse to talk...
      Last edited by Lambiorix_be; October 29, 2014, 13:07. Reason: typo

Comment

Can you attach a save for that situation?
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Lambiorix_be View Post
          Yes, that is what I expected (same as in civ5). However I am now more than 200 turns further and still they refuse to talk...
          Here it is....
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks.
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
              Thanks.
              See anything helpful?

Comment

I've confirmed it is not working for me either. Now, with a save, it's easier for the devs to pinpoint what is wrong in the code.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                  I've confirmed it is not working for me either. Now, with a save, it's easier for the devs to pinpoint what is wrong in the code.
                  I am glad you confirmed it. There is always that part of me that thinks I did something wrong.
                  Last edited by Lambiorix_be; November 1, 2014, 09:40. Reason: typo

Comment

The only problem I've had in diplomacy is hostile nations offering a trade, then rejecting it when I say I'll take it.
                    I don't know what I've been told!
                    Deirdre's got a Network Node!
                    Love to press the Buster Switch!
                    Gonna nuke that crazy witch!

Comment

I had this problem for most of one game, but then suddenly near the end they came to me and offered peace terms. Maybe there's just a really negative counter somewhere that takes a while to come back?
                      "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Originally posted by gdijedi7 View Post
                        The only problem I've had in diplomacy is hostile nations offering a trade, then rejecting it when I say I'll take it.
                        So the hostiles nations have sense of humor. Like somebody offers a high five and then retreats his hand at the last moment. Punish them for this insulence.

Comment

Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi View Post
                          I had this problem for most of one game, but then suddenly near the end they came to me and offered peace terms. Maybe there's just a really negative counter somewhere that takes a while to come back?
                          My first game they did not want to offer peace. The second game when I was 'nice' to the aliens they were much more nice and did not become hostile and when I attacked a nation and after a few cities offered them peace they agreed.. It seems that do not like you exterminating the vermin.
                          Last edited by Lambiorix_be; November 6, 2014, 15:20. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
                          X