Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there an option to bully the AI into NOT attacking a station?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there an option to bully the AI into NOT attacking a station?

eh? eh? i mean, outside declaring war....
    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Not that I've seen. I've been parking some units nearby to block entry.
    "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

i'm astonished that there's no diplomatic penalties for knocking off the stations.

Comment

Or really way to interact with them at all, other than trade. I kept looking for a button, figuring it was lot in the UI...but I don't think it is.
        "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Yah, blocking off access is the only way I've found. Though that can be interesting to fight a "cold war" over a Station with one of your friends.

Comment

the stations are useless and then they randomly disappear

AI is killing them? did they even test this game?
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

stations seem to be more useful in the early game, before other cities eclipse them in terms of profits.

Comment

The other civs kill the stations because they get a quest that gives them some garbage bonus, +50% trade route yield to some other station for 20 turns if they do it. Hooray for reading the AI code.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                  the stations are useless and then they randomly disappear

AI is killing them? did they even test this game?
                  If no one trades with them, they disappear after 30 turns and leaves behind a ruin that can be escavated.
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                  Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

The Culture Stations are really good, and if you boost with the Industry Virtue they all are very good.

Comment

Not to forget that stations have their own levels (1-3) and rise in level after a certain time of trading with them (and give your trade routes a higher yield with higher levels)
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
                        Not to forget that stations have their own levels (1-3) and rise in level after a certain time of trading with them (and give your trade routes a higher yield with higher levels)
                        More information the game doesn't tell you (in any meaningful or obvious way).
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                          If no one trades with them, they disappear after 30 turns and leaves behind a ruin that can be escavated.
                          They also leave ruins if you obliterate them. Amusingly, my excavation was about learning from their mistakes. I guess the lesson is "Don't **** with us."
                          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                            More information the game doesn't tell you (in any meaningful or obvious way).
                            I mean, the game isn't without that problem elsewhere, but it literally tells you that information if you click on the station name.
                            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                            X