No announcement yet.

Health

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish fruit would give a health bonus like gold used to give a happiness bonus
    I don't know what I've been told!
    Deirdre's got a Network Node!
    Love to press the Buster Switch!
    Gonna nuke that crazy witch!

Comment

Originally posted by gdijedi7 View Post
      10 cities? Wow.

I've played 2 games to completion now, and the most health I've ever had was 13. My first game, I had a total of four cities because of health problems. Maybe it's that I go down the Might tree instead of Prosperity, so I never get Eudimania
      I had the same issue the first game I played (and lost.) The first I did not really focus on an affinity or a virtue. The second game I really focused on prosperity and purity. (And really focussing, so not starting another one before the first one was finished.) I noticed that playing this way not only made me stronger compared to others but also no real health issue (except a very shot while in the early game). Tried to do the quests too (they do give good benefits.) So I won the second game. (having a lot of cities too.)

Now third game I focus on Prosperity+ harmony. Not going as well I must say. Probably will give this one up and start another one

Comment

An early push to Robotics for Autoplant's quest (+1 Trade Route per city) is usually a good move. Bionics is right off of Robotics and has the Institute (free Tech) and Biowells (+2F, +1H). This means Biowells are "better than free" since you get more Science from the Institute's free Tech than Bionics cost. It also opens up Battlesuits ... So always pick it up, there is no opportunity cost except if you're going for ultra-early Contact victory.

The Biowells allow you to grow your population base through the mid-game with no Health problems. Each new population point that works a Biowell gives you 0.25 health (1 from Biowell, -0.75 from pop). So you can get to +20 Health pretty easily at that point, even if expanding continuously. +2F compares well with other available tile improvements too and the Culture upgrade makes them very strong.

Eudaimonia at the bottom of Prosperity is where Health becomes a non-issue. Which works well because when you're there you can get the super Terrascapes (or by that point can have super-Generators/Farms/Academies) and start switching over from building Biowells. Though building just enough Biowells to stay Utopian Health is still a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
          An early push to Robotics for Autoplant's quest (+1 Trade Route per city) is usually a good move. Bionics is right off of Robotics and has the Institute (free Tech) and Biowells (+2F, +1H). This means Biowells are "better than free" since you get more Science from the Institute's free Tech than Bionics cost. It also opens up Battlesuits ... So always pick it up, there is no opportunity cost except if you're going for ultra-early Contact victory.

The Biowells allow you to grow your population base through the mid-game with no Health problems. Each new population point that works a Biowell gives you 0.25 health (1 from Biowell, -0.75 from pop). So you can get to +20 Health pretty easily at that point, even if expanding continuously. +2F compares well with other available tile improvements too and the Culture upgrade makes them very strong.

Eudaimonia at the bottom of Prosperity is where Health becomes a non-issue. Which works well because when you're there you can get the super Terrascapes (or by that point can have super-Generators/Farms/Academies) and start switching over from building Biowells. Though building just enough Biowells to stay Utopian Health is still a good idea.
          Thx for this good advice!

Comment

The fact is if you play as an expanstionist or Warlord you can't keep positive health. Once I get above 4 cities I stay neg. for the rest of the game. Usually end up owning the world but at -60 health.

Mike

Comment

It seems to me that Prosperity is nearly a "Necessary" path. You can fight a war better with Prosperity because of the MASSIVE health benefits, letting you do basically everything better. When you go Prosperity, you can even culture boom because you can have so many more cities and such a larger population that you exceed both the other branches culture and affinity bonuses. Going Prosperity, I have gotten to the bottom of Prosperity and Might, and halfway down Industry in the same game.

Comment

Health is actually very important. However, I don't have a great solution for now. Maybe you can have some more food to improve health condition. And also vitamins like biotin.
                Last edited by danielpeng; December 17, 2014, 00:00.

Comment

Prosperity. Always and forever.

Much like Purity 1 and Supremacy 3. Whatever else you do, always use Prosperity.

Comment

Working...
                  X