Kozlov is wrong.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kozlov is wrong.

There seems to be this trend where games made by largely American studios make the Russians cartoon villains, but in Beyond Earths case it's downright immersion breaking. All of the lore I've seen on Kozlov makes him out to be heading a Star Trek style Federation looking to a peaceful future. And in game he has ridiculous aggression levels. I know we needed an Atilla, but to be honest, I'd say that Daoming or Fielding fit that role more as far as personalities are concerned.
    As of the latest patch, previous versions of humanity are no longer supported.

You've been following the news in Ukraine, right?

Comment

That attitude is exactly the problem, I don't give a damn what Russia is doing now or did in the past. If a civ is described as peaceful in all of the lore and then acts like Space-Ghandi there's some serious narrative dissonance going on.

Comment

Gandhi was supposed to be peaceful too, but look at him.
        I don't know what I've been told!
        Deirdre's got a Network Node!
        Love to press the Buster Switch!
        Gonna nuke that crazy witch!

Comment

In my games Daoming has been the aggressive one. So far the only one who beat me to the punch declaring war.

Comment

I wish I could get any sort of aggression out of the AI. The AI in my games just sits back and watches me build stuff.

Comment

Same here ... even when I go out of my way to denounce everyone and tell them to piss off whenever they have a request. So far only one AI (Daoming) has pre-emptively declared war on me.

I think there may be some sort of power evaluation going on where they see you as too powerful to attack?

Comment

In which case the Devs need to make cities less strong on defense.
                The problem is cities can defend against a dozen units all by themselves.
                I really wish they'd make them play Alpha Centauri for a bit. In that game you
                had to watch your back. You couldn't just park a scout in your capitol and defend
                against miriam's hordes. In BE I barely needed a military at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post

I think there may be some sort of power evaluation going on where they see you as too powerful to attack?
                  Wouldn´t be surprising.
                  AFAIK the diplomacy in Civ V (and former parts of Civ) worked along similar parameters ...
                  attack (or blackmail) the weak and appease the strong
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

???

Kozlov was tame in my first game. Daoming was the big time aggressor.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

On lower difficulties the AI seems to be far less likely to declare, but relative power levels also comes into play, the AI won't declare when it knows you can crush them.

Comment

In most of my games, I've seen Hutuma attack other AIs frequently. He's rolled Brasilia twice now. I've been attacked by Elodie twice and Rejinaldo too. Koslov is just kinda there...

I play on 'terran' maps, and my least favorite close spawn is Kavitha on a narrow continent. She's obviously got something against me - her borders!

Comment

In my eyes Kozlov and Fielding seem to be the most aggressive.

Of course this may have more to do with them having been my direct neighbors fact that I like to pursue Harmony, while they prefer to go down the Purity line
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Brasilia is the Special Short Bus kid civ. In all the playthroughs he's always had one or two cities, usually one.
                            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Brazil (Harmony 4) declared war on me, then my spy turned his capital after the war ended. He hates me because "They dislike Warmongers."

Elodie conquered two other civs. Nobody hates her at all. She's Purity 14 and has a large military that she uses on a whim. She owns half the planet. Because she wants my land, she condemned me, so my long term friend Kavitha (Purity 12) now hates me. They both are calling me a warmonger, as does Daoming (Supremacy 16) and Hutama (Supremacy 7), who just had his capital taken by non warmongering European warmongers.

Basically, because I beat Brazil in a war, the entire planet hates me, but everybody loves the woman who is conquering the planet.
                              I don't know what I've been told!
                              Deirdre's got a Network Node!
                              Love to press the Buster Switch!
                              Gonna nuke that crazy witch!

Comment

Working...
                              X