Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible to extend the radius to choose first city?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible to extend the radius to choose first city?

Hi everyone! I used to mod the crap out of CivII back during the times of the old UCivIIS (Apolyton's predecessor), and even tinker a bit with SMAC and Civ3.

I just got back into Civ gaming with Beyond Earth, and somehow managed to remember my 17 years old username and password (how incredible is that!!!) for The Ultimate CivII Site/Apolyton.

How hard do you guys think it would be for me to change the start radius for the retro-grade thrusters so that I can choose a 3 hex radius instead of 2. In my mind I would think that mod would be the easiest thing ever, but I haven't created any mods for any new games with the exception of tinkering around with character files in Wasteland 2, which is easy XML (just like Civ3!).

Have any savvy modders navigated the directories to map out the important files to make a change such as the one I want to make?

I hope this place is as great as I remember it being during its first decade.
    FURYsoft Entertainment

Welcome back to Apolyton! A lot has changed, but it's still a great place.

Looks like that's very easy to change ... just modify the PlanetfallRangeChange to suit. (I haven't tested though)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth\assets\Gameplay\XML\Civilizations\CivBESpace craft.xml
    Description="TXT_KEY_SPACECRAFT_RETRO_THRUSTERS"
    ShortDescription="TXT_KEY_SPACECRAFT_RETRO_THRUSTERS_SHORT"
    PlanetfallRangeChange="1"
    PlanetfallSightChange="3"
    PortraitIndex="3"/>

Comment

Working...
    X