Game Setup Choice #2: Ship Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Setup Choice #2: Ship Upgrade

This poll will be open for 4 days, and the plurality choice will be selected at game start.
    Continental Surveyor - Reveal Coasts on Map
    7.14%
    Retrograde Thrusters - Wider area for choosing where to land first City
    21.43%
    Tectonic Scanner - No technology is needed to see Petroleum, Geothermal, and Titanium resources
    57.14%
    Fusion Reactor - Begin with 100 Energy
    0.00%
    Lifeform Sensor - Reveal Alien Nests on Map
    14.29%

The poll is expired.

I strongly lean in favor of Retrograde Thrusters.

Comment

I could go for Retrograde Thrusters or Tectonic Scanner.

Comment

And again, partway through my first game retro just wasn't that useful, while Tectonic Scanner would have been extremely helpful.

Comment

Yah, retro is really hit-or-miss. But that one time you're just 1 hex away from being able to reach the coast (or otherwise perfect spot) is a lifesaver.

Tectonic Scanner is awesome.

Comment

RT, but without having actually seen/played the game.
            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

It would be strange to go to a new planet and not do your best to look for new lifeforms.

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I see Jon is going the way of role play making choices rather than game play. I kinda like that.

However, I think this again may be dependent on other choices. The larger the map we play on, the more useful Continental Surveyor will be; and as I have already said, since I don't have the game yet, I cannot judge on how useful Tectonic Scanner will be. Could someone explain to me in civ 4/5 terms what Petroleum, Geothermal, and Titanium resources do for our colony?

My initial thought was retrograde thrusters, as I typically play OCC finding that perfect starting spot is paramount. Give me more info!
                Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                  It would be strange to go to a new planet and not do your best to look for new lifeforms.

JM
                  Why? Kill them all i say. God will know his own...
                  "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Working...
                  X