CivBE Quest Interaction with other Game Mechanics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CivBE Quest Interaction with other Game Mechanics

I'm really liking the way the Quest system influences the game, and the game choices influence the Quest system as well.

For instance, many buildings trigger their own quests. Some of these will impact the output of the building, but sometimes they affect other systems entirely.

In the case of the Ultrasonic Fence, you can choose whether to increase the protection range of the Ultrasonic Fence around your cities, or extend the Ultrasonic Fence bonus to your Trade Convoys. So even if you have your city defense well in hand, the Ultrasonic Fence may be something you want to research to and build anyways, to protect your Trade Routes.

With an Alien Preserve, you can get more Science and Energy from each of them ... or get +5 Healing (rate per turn) for all your units. So a warmonger may want to consider building certain economic improvements just for the quests.

Been transcribing some of the questlines from screenshots here: http://apolyton.net/wiki/CivBE:Quests

I think it would be cool if each quest got an attached faction leader quote/voiceover a la the tech voiceovers from SMAC.

(OK, basically I just want the game to be SMAC :-/)

Comment

Working...
    X