New Gameplay Videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Gameplay Videos

I had to go out and do real life stuff this morning ... back and watching them now. Lots of flavor info on the Victory Conditions. Added to CivBE:Victory Conditions on the wiki.

The third video is very high quality video. The crispest images I've seen of CivBE so far. Lots of screenshots from this one

I'm watching without the sound. The gameplay is a bit ... uneven. It looks like you can keep your initial worker safe by firing a few shots at the early Aliens. Something this guy didn't do and lost his first Worker build.

Cash rushing looks like it can be a very powerful component of the early game if you can get a Flood Plains start, get an early Solar Collector satellite up, and/or some Energy from other sources. I think Espionage is going to be a good source of Energy early on (15 to 20 Energy per turn in another video), but for some reason the guy in the video hasn't touched it.

Colony pods have their own Soldier pop out when they build a city apparently. Still working my way through the downloads/videos ...
    Last edited by Aeson; September 5, 2014, 09:20.

Comment

It's kinda painful to watch ... 3 Workers down to Aliens in the first 54 turns...

Purity 1 (Aliens won't attack tiles with Explorers) + Explorer herding Siege Worms may be the answer. Herding them into neighbours for bonus points

Comment

Haven't watched the videos, but how on Earth did he managed to lose 3 workers in 54 turns???
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Not on Earth

Leaving his Workers undefended next to a Drone, Siege Worm, and then another Siege Worm.

Finally he kept one in the city for something like 20 turns while he pinged down a Siege Worm and killed it.

Comment

OK, watching a little of the Northernlion video. He really is bad at the game. Not using his explorer to excavate? Losing workers east and west?
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

The first Outpost he settled had a free Soldier. The second one didn't. Not sure why the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                I had to go out and do real life stuff this morning ... back and watching them now. Lots of flavor info on the Victory Conditions. Added to CivBE:Victory Conditions on the wiki.
                FYI this link doesn't quite work.

Comment

Thanks for pointing that out. Fixed it now

Comment

We should have a poly-wide effort to contribute to the wiki at launch. Right now our wiki thanks to you, Aeson, is the most comprehensive resource about Civ:BE anywhere. If we can keep it that way it might bring in posters to the on-topic and eventually off-topic.

Comment

Lorizael did a great job on the main CivBE page to kick things off.

If anyone is interested in helping out with the wiki, send me a PM. There are some things (a ton actually) that can be done already. Lots of MediaWiki templates to make and CSS work especially ... and some fun projects for those with technical skills

Comment

Part two of the 100 turn playthrough by the Solar Gamer.

Comment

Working...
                        X