Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Play CivBE before release, just $40 and a trip to Firaxis ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Play CivBE before release, just $40 and a trip to Firaxis ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	firaxicon_logo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	9136001

Anyone in Maryland want to go? I'll pay the ticket for someone if you get us some juicy info/screenshots

Since 1991, the award-winning Civilization series of turn-based strategy games has challenged players to build an empire to stand the test of time.

At this official fan event, brought to you by Firaxis Games and 2K, you'll be able to:
    • Meet, greet and game with members of the Firaxis Games team!
    • Enjoy 'An Evening with Sid Meier' featuring an exclusive presentation by Sid
    • Play Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth almost a month before release!
    • Sign-up for the first ever XCOM: Enemy Unknown EU Invitational Tournament for a chance to win THE GOLDEN MUTON
    • Tour the Firaxis Games office, and meet their friendly Mechtoid
    • Enjoy hours of panels, presentations and more - all focused on Firaxis Games
    • Play boardgames against (and with!) Firaxis Games’ designers
    • Get unique Firaxicon swag, just for attending
    • Get access to Firaxis Games merchandise

...and much more!

Say YES to 'One More Turn' and join us this September in Hunt Valley!

Firaxicon is a ticketed event, with tickets costing $40 (no additional ticketing fees are charged). Tickets are only available online at our official Eventbrite page.
    Your ticket includes:
    • Entry to Firaxicon, including all events* (participation may be limited in tournaments)
    • Dinner and drinks at the Firaxis Feast, with Firaxis Games developers on Saturday night
    • Exclusive Firaxicon swag

* Events are subject to change without notice, although we’ll try as hard as possible to ensure they’re as advertised.
    Tickets must be purchased in advance and will not be available at the door. Because of venue restrictions, tickets are strictly limited in number - so to ensure your place at Firaxicon, book your ticket now!

For more details and FAQs (including details on reduced rate hotel rooms) please visit the Eventbrite ticket page.
    Can you spot Sid? How about any Apolytoners?

Click image for larger version

Name:	firaxicon_staff.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	9136000

That looks intriguing...
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Hah, wow, I'm having my bachelor party on that day. If any of my friends were also civ-nerds this might actually be a pretty cool option. As it is, I'll have to pass. Cool idea though.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

WHat? You know which day you have your bachelor party? Next thing you say, you know what stuff your friends have planned for you too...

America is weird...
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

So that means you don't get a surprise party where your friend do stuff like giving you a bucket of Dead Sea mud, which you have to get random cute girls on the streat to throw on you and then have to wash it off in a public fountain, before you are sent on a random bus to play Dutch tourist guide while your friends laugh their asses off and film it for later showing? That is what we did to a good friend of mine.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

A friend of mine was abruptly awoken @ 7 AM, thrown out on the grass, given 3 min to clothe and then driven to a gas station, where he had to go in and ask the young girl behind the counter which condoms he should use on his first night in the town. Then he was sent into a roundabout, clothed in a dress with big plastic boobs and a poster saying "honk if you're horny". Later we played paintball and the poor guy was placed in the middle while we attacked him from all sides.

Comment

Haha, I'm sure bachelor parties like that definitely go on in the US. Its just that my friends and I are boring.
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Christian bachelor parties like I do are teh best.

Comment

We have a bunch of polytubbies in Maryland and Virginia who are within decent distance of there. Felch is in Germantown. Elok is somewhere on the Eastern Shore, so that's kind of far. Not that I'm volunteering either of them...

Comment

They sold out a day or two ago. So moot point now

Comment

Dammit.

Comment

All hope is not lost. They said on twitter it was sold out, but to keep an eye out, because they might announce that extra tickets would be sold.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                          We have a bunch of polytubbies in Maryland and Virginia who are within decent distance of there. Felch is in Germantown. Elok is somewhere on the Eastern Shore, so that's kind of far. Not that I'm volunteering either of them...
                          Good thing, b/c I don't even have a PC that could play this thing, so I can't honestly say I'm super-excited for it.
                          1011 1100
                          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Whats that German doing to Sid? Sid? You allright?
                            Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Working...
                            X