Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview with CivBE Designer/Programmer Anton Strenger at E3

Something I hadn't heard before about 2:45 in:

"Actually in our map generation we've changed a lot so that the map generation has these wild areas ... The wild areas are where you're going to get a lot of your rich resources" and a lot of your really good city spots ... They're also where the aliens are going to be most present."

Also, the proximity to the nest will affect how killing aliens view the act. The closer to the nest the more impact it has. The alien "flag" on units will start green ... and turn to orange and then to red as they become more and more hostile to you. 5 or 6 different types of alien units.

We've seen Siege Worms, Manticore, Wolf Beetles, and Raptor Bugs ... with Xeno Titans and Xeno Swarm being mentioned. (Likely as harmony units.) So maybe one or two other types of alien units, but maybe that's counting the Harmony units. That's a little disappointing. I was hoping for more variation from the aliens. Though:

"... they get stronger as the game goes on."

Harmony combat units get a bonus in Miasma.

Progenitor Quest (possibilities ... "might be different every game"):

Orbital layer: launch a unit into the orbital layer, listening for "the signal"
    Progenitor Ruins: dig it up
    Research: "or if you research a specific technology, put a lot of resources into it, you might unlock it that way"

Video won't run, not even when opening the link. Just a black, empty window.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Hmmm... it ran for me (both at the site and embedded). Might be a connection or browser compatibility problem? I'm using Chrome.

Comment

Hmmmm. I tried in chrome. Seems to show on my phone, though.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
        X