• Show
Clear All

• Live Coverage of CivBE at E3 on IGN in about 40 minutes

Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-06-11, 08_43_20.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	204.8 KB
ID:	9135978

Another video interview is up, with Lead Designer Will Miller and Lead Producer Lena Brenk being interviewed, and some gameplay footage:

Members of Firaxis Games stopped by Polygon's E3 2014 headquarters to show off the latest in Sid Meier's Civilization franchise, Civilization: Beyond Earth. Watch as co-lead game designer Will...

Comment

The gameplay is much the same, but you can see some slight differences from past videos.

Here's another one on YouTube:

Comment

Here's IGN's video:

Comment

Um... 12:00 into the Polygon Interview:

"I was just playing the other day and one of those expeditions gave me a Siege Worm ... that's one of those huge aliens that come boring through the ground." - Lena Brenk

I really hope that's just some dumb publicity thing they enabled, because from what we've seen of Siege Worms it sounds like such a hut pop would ruin games very quickly.

Comment

16:23 ...

"I had that thing [Siege Worm] when I played recently ... and that's just an amazing moment when you walk around with that thing just smashing everything ... It's just very fun" - Lena Brenk

Comment

From the end of the IGN coverage:

And it's going to be multiplayer, right?

Will Miller: Absolutely. Our multiplayer community ... I love them. They will play this game in some of the most protracted ways ... by email almost, right? Or like ... hotseat. That's my favorite way to play. Switching the mouse back and forth playing with friends. We support these modes. And a lot of the new features we've added have been customized to multiplayer. And that's something that's really really important to us and our community.

Comment

Resources and Terrain

There's the orange one, Firaxite. Which is a superconductor. You need that resource for ... artificial intelligence and superfast computers.

There's also the purple floating rocks, we call those Floatstone. And you can build giant levitating gunships and platforms with it.

All the canyons that you're seeing and the miasma can be easily traversed with a Lev Tank."
                Explorers:

Our explorer down here has found an Expedition Site ... they're bones of large aliens that aren't there anymore ... ruins of an ancient civilization that predates your arival on the planet.

And by sending your Explorer and digging these sites up you can get all kinds of different benefits. So it's like a Goody Hut++. It's a little bit better ... you have to invest some time in it ... but what comes out is much better.

Comment

Will Miller says they'll be showing us the arid and fungal biomes very soon. Maybe tomorrow? I'm very interested to see how different the map can be each time. I've never wanted to play on a random map in Civ, but I could see that being a fun choice for CivBE.
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                  X