To BE or not to BE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To BE or not to BE

Yeah, I'm only making this thread for the title. Also, according to God, BE is the correct acronym for the game.

Anyway, who here plans on purchasing (and playing) the game when it comes out?
    Take my money now!
    64.29%
    Yes, if the teeming masses say I should.
    3.57%
    Ask again later.
    17.86%
    No, it's all been downhill since Sid left Microprose.
    7.14%
    Only if bananas are in as a resource.
    7.14%
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

I'll try it, and then decide.
    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
      Yeah, I'm only making this thread for the title.
      You STOLE an idea I had yesterday at AC2 and hadn't used yet, Lori! Click image for larger version

Name:	Wiglaf5.gif
Views:	7
Size:	3.2 KB
ID:	9100539
      AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
      JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

Happens to me all the time. My best guess is that time travelers don't want me to succeed.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

$#@! Central; we've got a breach. Emergency timeline edit recommended.

No pasarán

Comment

For myself, I expect I'll buy it if the civ community generally approves and I think my computer can handle it. Civ5 is the first civ game I haven't owned (or had access to). I don't know if that's because I wasn't terribly thrilled by the game or because I just don't game as much as I used to. But CivBE--so far--has me more excited than Civ5 did. I'm an SF kind of guy.

Comment

Okay, on topic; jeeze.

I probably won't get it unless a Buster's Aunt get the idea for a Christmas/birthday present, and I'm not going to tell her. I barely play SMAX as it is. Running an AC forum is my real hobby.

No pasarán

Comment

Yes, yes, and more yes.

I still load SMAX regularly (it's great to play while holding a sleeping baby). CivV hotseat games with the son who was born when I was playing SMAX heavily almost 12 years ago... He's excited about it two so I may end up getting two copies just so we can MP without hotseat together.
                I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

I eventually got Civ V, and CivBE has me a lot more excited. I'll pre-order

Comment

There's certainly nothing wrong with the idea, and there's no telling how well they execute it until we see the results. I always heard CivIII sucked - that was no indicator of the quality of IV, which I found a little bland, but enjoyed. The original was solid. II was excellent. SMACX rocked. IV was pretty good. 3 & 5 stinking does not make a losing record. Odds are, if you look at it that way, that BE is going to be pretty good.

Lori, I misremembered; very busy and somewhat stressful week. I posted the following slightly over TWO days ago, and thought about doing something more blatant with the Hamlet reference, but didn't get around to it.

Originally posted by BUncle link=topic=2293.msg46514#msg46514 date=1397671073
                    No matter how satisfying BE turns out to be -or not be- we need to stay the course, only more so.

No pasarán

Comment

When they produce the last DLC (reads: when they complete the game), I will buy the complete version.

Comment

I'm getting it.
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

yup yup getting it
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

It is quite interesting I believe it's worth getting it if it does not satisfactory you can always mod it right?

Comment

That's true.
                              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
                              X