No announcement yet.

Beyond Earth Screenshots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think one of two things: they're some dictator's lawn ornaments, or given the flooding and obvious damage to the ones remaining, a Ramses' temple at the Aswan High Dam-type relocation project may have happened. -Only enough funds to hit the high points, the GP & Sphinx.
    AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
    JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

I totally stole the Cairo link, BTW.
      AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
      JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
        This might be extrapolating a little much from some concept art, but I wonder if the planet you land on really is habitable for humans. Those marines certainly look like they're wearing the equivalent of spacesuits. Then there's this:

This is supposedly a colony, which is either a proto-city in BE or the city equivalent. The text reads (in part):

-Photosynthesis, air, food, water, wind, sun light, energy, ?electricity?

-A self-sustaining eco system

Again, this would seem to suggest that the surface of the planet is not suitable for humans. I wonder if that has any effect on gameplay (what sort of resources you're extracting?), and I wonder if you can terraform the planet, and if so, I wonder what effects that would have on gameplay.
        It could be like in SMAC where the air had oxygen and nitrogen enough, but people could not breathe outside without "gas mask" type filters.

Comment

2K tweeted a collection of Beyond Earth wallpapers, but it's just the astronaut looking out the window one in different resolutions. It's a nice shot, though.

Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

An old model in a slightly different setting ... the Marine (Purity Affinity):

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
            Attached Files

Comment

More unit concept art From Civ's Facebook page:

Spoiler:
              Click image for larger version

Name:	10251886_10152372959805359_8548968590497007168_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	9100717

Name:	BnDtw1ICUAA1-J5.jpg large.jpg
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	9100718

Concept art showing three Level 3 Naval Fighters each focused on a different Affinty. How will the Affinity you adopt mold your civilization?

Although as some on Facebook mentioned, the labels don't look right.

Edit: Looks like they fixed it.

Pretty neat looking, although they do look a bit like shoes.
              Last edited by Lorizael; May 7, 2014, 16:05.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

dammit, lori, i was just coming in here to post that. :wiglaf:
                I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Get a more boring job.

Comment

Here's some new concept art for the Purity affinity:

Name:	purityairfighter.jpg
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	9100794

I'd like to see the counterparts for the other affinities. Harmony should look like a bird, and Supremacy should have no cockpit.

Comment

Those designs look neat definitely worth a try

Comment

Some very high quality screenshots (some duplicates of older ones) have been released.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I really like the astronaut with the assault rifle. The Purity ship looks like a Red Alert 3 Assault Destroyer, though.
                          I don't know what I've been told!
                          Deirdre's got a Network Node!
                          Love to press the Buster Switch!
                          Gonna nuke that crazy witch!

Comment

The Maracana stadium seems to be missing from the Christo Redeemer picture. Are these people not watching the World Cup?

Comment

Probably something to do with the Great Mistake. Banning of all sports? No choice but to leave Earth!

Comment

No, the Great Mistake was letting the Gains come back to Earth.
                                I don't know what I've been told!
                                Deirdre's got a Network Node!
                                Love to press the Buster Switch!
                                Gonna nuke that crazy witch!

Comment

Working...
                                X